IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Righteous Hangar Bay
Righteous Crew: Charity

Dr. Coppelia answers. "Yes, um, Captain, I'm here. Is there something I can help you with? Something medical, would, uh, be preferable, since I'm an excellent doctor."
"That's why ah'm callin' you, darlin'," Bella says. She's speaking very quietly and sounds very stressed. "Kraig got himself caught at Heartweave. I got him out, but I think he got exposed to somethin' along the way. We'ah hidin' out neah theah, but, uh, we need somebody to come get us out and take a look at him."
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1b
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Kiko, Jenny

KIKO

Kiko keeps her promise and drops a bullet in the guard's face, blowing his ear off and shattering his jaw. Then she turns and puts down the goon trying to stun Jenny.
Spoiler: Show
Defending with bullets: Physical d8 + Shoot d12 + War Scion d8 + Papa's Pistol d8 14 [3,2,3,11] no jinxes and that is indeed an ES.

Shooting Jenny's Goon: Physical d8 + Shoot d12 + War Scion d8 + Papa's Pistol d8 18 [4,4,8,10] no jinxes. Again willing to spend up to 2 PP and both BDHD to succeed.

Note: Kiko is specifically trying NOT to kill these guys in the process of taking them out.

OOC: Not sure if you were looking for a follow up action yet, but I figured I'd do the roll while I have access to a dice roller
OOC: Blue Sun security defends with Impeccably Trained d12 + Armed and Armored d8 + Don't Release Corporate Assets d10 = 16 [10, 3, 6]. He'll spend a PP to go to 22 and make Kiko spend one to go to 22, but that takes him out.

I'll let it go for this one because you didn't roll any jinxes, but you can't really shoot people in the face with real guns with the intention not to kill them. That's why Kraig gave you the Neuro-tranq Dart Guns d6.


The bullet knocks the guard unconscious, and he slumps to the floor.

Jenny frantically scrambles back from the guard but, well, she's not a fighter. At all.

OOC: d6 physical + d4 & 1 PP on another level + 1d6 move: 2#1d6 5 2 1d4 4 9 with no chance. will spend a PP to avoid getting Taken Out so she's not dead weight for Kiko to carry
OOC: Jenny spends a PP and gains the Shocked d12 Complication.


His associate sticks Jenny with the business end of his stun prod. Electricity surges through her body and locks up her neuromuscular system. Nneka jumps over to catch her before she falls.

The guard turns toward Kiko and says loudly: "Proportional lethal force authorized." Kiko hears the familiar sound of an extendable stock clicking into place from outside Nneka's office just as the guard lunges at her with the stun prod.

OOC: Impeccably Trained d12 + Armed and Armored d8 + Don't Release Corporate Assets d10 = 13, with an opportunity [6, 7, 1].
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Righteous Hangar Bay
Righteous Crew: Charity

"That's why ah'm callin' you, darlin'," Bella says. She's speaking very quietly and sounds very stressed. "Kraig got himself caught at Heartweave. I got him out, but I think he got exposed to somethin' along the way. We'ah hidin' out neah theah, but, uh, we need somebody to come get us out and take a look at him."
Dr. Coppelia replies. "Oh, good! Um, I mean that's terrible, but within my competency, so, uh, better than something else. Tell me your location and I'll be there as fast as I can. Um, though the Righteous might be under surveillance, so I might have to be careful. Uh, anyway, I'm on my way?"

She grabs her emergency bag and looks around the medbay to see if she's missing anything. "Hmmm. What will I do if there's trouble? Things have just finally quieted down. In my head? I guess I could always use a few more of those." She takes several scalpels and slides them into convenient cloth tubes sewn on the inside of her labcoat's large outer pockets. And blinks. "Huh! I guess that's one mystery solved!"

After carefully locking the Righteous' hatch, she heads off to rendezvous with Bella, trying to lose herself in the crowd.

OOC: Physical d8 + Sneak d8 + Blend Into Crowds d6 + Mysterious Past d8: 1d8 6 1d8 3 1d6 3 1d8 8 14 no jink.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny struggles to control her twitching muscles and barely manages to stand with Nneka's assistance. She jerkily grabs a mini-cam from the cloak of her dress and tosses it past the guard to try and see what's coming.

OOC: Buying the opportunity to step back Shocked.
d8 mental + d8 operate + d8 cortex tech + d8 unredacted footage: 4#1d8 6 1 2 2

8 and a jinx. Guess we're not getting a great view of the hallway... ^^
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
KIKO

Kiko takes a step back, letting her eyes widen as the wall hits her back, then raises her gun before suddenly spinning away, using the weapon to distract him and the subtle lies of posture and body language to make him guess all wrong when attempting to land a hit with his corporate cattle prod.

It works, and he misses her.

Kiko aims low, trying to take out Corporate Cattle Prod's leg . . . mostly because that's the safest angle to not accidentally shoot allies.

Spoiler: Show
Physical d8 + Trick d10 + Hustler d4 [for the PP and because honestly this is one hell of a mind game she's trying to pull] + Papa's Pistol d8 14 [6,8,3,2] no jinxes. That just succeeds.

Physical d8 + Shoot d12 + War Scion d8 + Papa's Pistol d8 12 [5,4,4,7] no jinxes. I'm willing to spend up to 2 PP if it can buy me a success. I'd prefer to stick to only burning 1 BDHD if straight spends can't get me there, but if it's a really close thing I'll spend them both if need be.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Trân nods. "Thank you, Meizhi. Take the lead on getting us into the guard room; we will support you. Kennith, I would be surprised if there are no countermeasures in the room we are about to enter, given the heightened state of security the compound is presently in. We should be prepared."
OOC: Spending the Plot Point to create the asset Explosives! 1d6.


Meizhi nods and says, "Okay, if you're expecting counter-measures, I'll let you take the lead on dealing with those, though I do know how to use a gun if need be. Usually I just end up sabotaging something instead."
 

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
Kennith

"Damn," He mutters about that, "That's going beyond the pale. Usually just see those in ship windows, rarely on the ground."

He thinks for a minute, "That stuff's real expensive ain't it?" Kennith says with just an idle thought. Regardless, "I'll just follow you guys, unless the shooting starts. Then I'll move up front where I should be."
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Righteous Hangar Bay
Righteous Crew: Charity

Dr. Coppelia replies. "Oh, good! Um, I mean that's terrible, but within my competency, so, uh, better than something else. Tell me your location and I'll be there as fast as I can. Um, though the Righteous might be under surveillance, so I might have to be careful. Uh, anyway, I'm on my way?"

She grabs her emergency bag and looks around the medbay to see if she's missing anything. "Hmmm. What will I do if there's trouble? Things have just finally quieted down. In my head? I guess I could always use a few more of those." She takes several scalpels and slides them into convenient cloth tubes sewn on the inside of her labcoat's large outer pockets. And blinks. "Huh! I guess that's one mystery solved!"

After carefully locking the Righteous' hatch, she heads off to rendezvous with Bella, trying to lose herself in the crowd.

OOC: Physical d8 + Sneak d8 + Blend Into Crowds d6 + Mysterious Past d8: 1d8 6 1d8 3 1d6 3 1d8 8 14 no jink.
OOC: Local cops and security firms are out in force tonight, for obvious reasons (d12) + but, there's a whole lot of more obvious disruptions going on (d6) = 10 [4, 6]. A 14 succeeds handily.


At least four of the corporate facilities in this part of Tiantan are currently the subject of some combination of lockdowns, protests, explosions, or unintended releases of hazardous substances. Securetech and the other corporate security firms have pulled in all of their available resources, and the local police have cordoned off the area and are trying to decide whether to get involved.

Charity is able to slip through this mess easily, blending in with the crowds of fleeing or rushing corporate employees going hither and yon throughout the area.

She arrives at the closed sundries shop that corresponded with Bella's location pin, finding the back door cracked open. Looking inside, she can see Kraig on the floor, covered in sweat and shaking, and Bella next to him with her pistol in one hand and trying to comfort him with the other.
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1b
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Kiko, Jenny

Jenny struggles to control her twitching muscles and barely manages to stand with Nneka's assistance. She jerkily grabs a mini-cam from the cloak of her dress and tosses it past the guard to try and see what's coming.

OOC: Buying the opportunity to step back Shocked.
d8 mental + d8 operate + d8 cortex tech + d8 unredacted footage: 4#1d8 6 1 2 2

8 and a jinx. Guess we're not getting a great view of the hallway... ^^
OOC: The security guard is Impeccably Trained (d12) + Something set off an internal alarm d12 + Jenny is still trying to recover from being Shocked d12 = 18. I'll buy that jinx, so that's +1 PP for Jenny.


Jenny's shaky hand and the quick reactions of the security guard mean that she doesn't get a very good view of anything other than the far wall of the waiting room where she and Kiko first entered.

KIKO

Kiko takes a step back, letting her eyes widen as the wall hits her back, then raises her gun before suddenly spinning away, using the weapon to distract him and the subtle lies of posture and body language to make him guess all wrong when attempting to land a hit with his corporate cattle prod.

It works, and he misses her.

Kiko aims low, trying to take out Corporate Cattle Prod's leg . . . mostly because that's the safest angle to not accidentally shoot allies.

Spoiler: Show
Physical d8 + Trick d10 + Hustler d4 [for the PP and because honestly this is one hell of a mind game she's trying to pull] + Papa's Pistol d8 14 [6,8,3,2] no jinxes. That just succeeds.

Physical d8 + Shoot d12 + War Scion d8 + Papa's Pistol d8 12 [5,4,4,7] no jinxes. I'm willing to spend up to 2 PP if it can buy me a success. I'd prefer to stick to only burning 1 BDHD if straight spends can't get me there, but if it's a really close thing I'll spend them both if need be.
OOC:
Stakes on the shot are Impeccably Trained d12 + Armed and Armored d8 + Don't Release Corporate Assets d10 = 13, with an opportunity [1, 6, 7]. You can succeed with just spending 1 PP straight to go to 16. So, you're even for the round.


Kiko's shot takes the corporate security guard in the thigh, breaking the long bone. He collapses on the ground, out of the fight, but she must have hit his femoral artery. He's bleeding out quickly d6.

The other security guard still doesn't enter the room. Kiko knows she has a long gun. Presumably, she's posted up somewhere waiting for them to try to leave.
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1a
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Meizhi, Trân, Kennith

OOC: Spending the Plot Point to create the asset Explosives! 1d6.


Meizhi nods and says, "Okay, if you're expecting counter-measures, I'll let you take the lead on dealing with those, though I do know how to use a gun if need be. Usually I just end up sabotaging something instead."
OOC: Done!


Kennith

"Damn," He mutters about that, "That's going beyond the pale. Usually just see those in ship windows, rarely on the ground."

He thinks for a minute, "That stuff's real expensive ain't it?" Kennith says with just an idle thought. Regardless, "I'll just follow you guys, unless the shooting starts. Then I'll move up front where I should be."
Kennith can faintly hear the sounds of booted feet in a rhythmic pattern heading down the hallway toward the elevator. Securetech must have put together enough resources to send a team in. From the rhythm of the footsteps, the experienced marine can tell that they're clearing side rooms as they go. The server team doesn't have much longer before they'll have some active opposition.
 
Top Bottom