• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

First details on "The Mandolorian", the live-action Star Wars show

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
From Jon Faveau's instagram account,

I'm utterly apathetic towards Mandolorians, but between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens is a lot better than setting it before A New Hope.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I'm definitely curious about it. A lone gunfighter definitely sounds very Western inspired, which could certainly be interesting.

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm impressed. Favs finagled himself a second shot at Cowboys & Aliens. :D

Sounds cool. Might have a Firefly feel to it, which isn't a bad template.

Croquemitaine

Validated User
If "far from the authority of the New Republic" also means "far from tie-ins to established characters and storylines", then colour me cautiously optimistic. It's time to freshen up this universe.

Snoof

Time-Travelling Layabout
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm hoping for The Man(dalorean) with No Name.

Bonus points for a poncho over the armour.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Presumably this is not Sabine Wren...
I haen't seen teh endoi S4 of Rebels, so at this point two down (Hera being called out in Rogue 1, and now confrimation that Sabine makes it), three go (with death flags hanging over Ezra and Kanan).

Sundancer

Validated User
I would prefer they either set it in the future of the setting, after the current movies, or in the far past of the setting, somewhere between Knights of the Old Republic and the movies.
Star Wars is a huge setting, with a really long history. I'm unhappy with how they seem determined to squeeze almost everything about it into a period of a few decades.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Those decades are what the larger population is familiar with, so it makes sense.

I'm curious how they're going to squeeze a Force user into the cast. And a lightsaber. Because there's no way they're not going to have that.

Top Bottom