• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Food & Gaming - How do you dine and dice?

"So wheres the food?"

• The Host Provides

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Provide your own Food

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Everyone Contributes

Votes: 80 54.8%
  • Your turn to buy the Pizza

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No Eating!

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I'll have the Snowflake Special

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Mortimer

Validated User
Inspired by another thread I was curious about the gaming eating habits of the various RPGnetters and their groups, whats your policy on food at the game table?

Edit: Note this doesn't have to be specifically AT the game table or during the game, but part of the social gathering as a whole as it where.

Last edited:

Epoch

aka Mike Sullivan
Validated User
We typically have dinner during our gaming. Most often, we walk down to a taqueria very near my house and bring back food. More rarely, we order pizza, someone brings something, or I make something.

We generally don't actually game during the period in which we're actively eating.

BluSponge

Texas Gamer
Validated User
Well, tonight the wife and I are cooking a brisket in the croc-pot, plus a strawberry spinach salad. Others in the crew are bringing chips, soda, and potato salad.

I won't say that's a typical night, but we like to cook. :)

EDIT: I should also point out that one of my house rules is "gratuity XP." Whoever hosts the group or helps provide food and snacks gets kicked a few extra XP or bennies in play.

Tom

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
We usually do bring your own, or everyone pitches in and we order something. Sometimes someone decides to cook food for everyone.

EDIT: So options 2, 3, and 6.

Last edited:

Kiero

Retiring User
Validated User
People eat dinner before they arrive. It's only snacks while they're there, provided by both them and me as the host.

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
My group meets for dinner before we play. It's our Tuesday night ritual.

When I host games at my house, I'll usually provide a few snacks, other people bring stuff and most of the time, we go out for pizza after.

Kargush

Free range Norwegian snow monkey
Banned
Validated User
With the group I usually play with. everyone brings their own, but sharing is both allowed and encouraged. Even trading occurs. "I'll give you a slice of pizza for a spring roll?" Snacks, such as popcorn or chocolate, is usually shared freely. Beverages are hardly ever shared in any way, though a glass of soda is sometimes traded for a handful of some snack.

Other rules for other groups, of course, but the contuing trend is "everyone brings their own".

Arachne

Robot Spider Queen
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have two groups. In one, each buys their own food. In the other, everybody contributes and we make the food from scratch.

Top Bottom