• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.[merged]

The Unshaven

Validated User
Hi folks, I ran into this today and feel like sharing:

[video=youtube;kDoWhMt2_gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoWhMt2_gs[/video]

So, I saw that and thought, "Show, you are speaking my language. That's anarchic, slightly nuts, has a young woman as the protagonist, is throwing elbows at Magical Changing Girls, and the music is by Brad Breek, the composer and music-guy for Gravity Falls."

I went looking, and discovered that this is Very New. The first episode is barely out yet. But being the internet, here it is [for as long as that lasts]:

[video=youtube;RoRtknUQHRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoRtknUQHRA[/video]

I'm impressed. It made me laugh a lot, and I'm delighted at the fact they are messing with All The Tropes. They've even taken the standard
Spoiler: Show
careful and risk-averse voice of reason who gets dragged unwillingly into adventures and who is inexplicably good at kung fu, and made her a GUY.

So yeah, off to a good start.

- The Unshaven

Last edited:

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
Re: For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of Magical Witch Punie-chan, only way more tasteful. And apparently it's the second ever Disney TV show created by a woman?

The Unshaven

Validated User
Re: For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of Magical Witch Punie-chan, only way more tasteful. And apparently it's the second ever Disney TV show created by a woman?
WOAH that makes it even cooler!

I mean also an indictment of the lamentable bullshit that women go through in creative (and pretty much every other) industries, but still: YAY.

Between this and Steven Universe, the frontrunners are FUCKING AWESOME.

- The Unshaven

King Snarf

Validated User
Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

OR... "I think I just found Other Media's new favorite show."

It's set to debut on Disney XD later this year, but the first episode is up onDemand now (the HD version has been up for a few weeks), so presumably it's available online as well. It's... Hmm. Probably the best way to describe it would be "Rainbow Brite on acid". Alan Tudyk is in it. It's gloriously insane.

Basically, the premise is that Star is a magical monster fighting princess from another dimension, and her parents send her to Earth to hopefully straighten her out. There, she befriends Marco, the somewhat-wound-too-tight normal kid. Hijinx ensue, in a way that they've never ensued before.

The Unshaven

Validated User
Re: Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

OR... "I think I just found Other Media's new favorite show."
Hee, I certainly think it's a contender, and the "Rainbow Brite on acid" description is apt.

Who is Alan Tudyk playing?

I did a rant about it myself here.

Another cool factor: It's created and helmed by a woman named Daron Nefcy.

- The Unshaven

Last edited:

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User

OMG those boots.

And is that a squid on her dress?

King Snarf

Validated User

I don't know, but just wait until you see the puppies she conjures up.

The Unshaven

Validated User

I don't know, but just wait until you see the puppies she conjures up.
That made me laugh until I hurt. Many things she does did, actually. It was a good morning.

Also, being part of a thread-merge as it happens live is Very Disorienting. The mods know all and see all.

- The Unshaven

The Unshaven

Validated User

The King and the main bad guy (Luto?).
Very nice. I didn't pick it, although if someone held a gun to my head I'd have guessed Luto (Ludo?) because of the kind of roles people have fun putting him in...

- The Unshaven

Top Bottom