• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.[merged]

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Speak of eh, how is Star the mother of a unicorn?
Maybe slightly over simplified answer:
Spoiler: Show
Toffee managed to corrupt most of the magic(the golden fluid is pure magic as far as I can tell). Star found the last spark of uncorrupted magic and willed/hoped it into a purifying unicorn. Thus she "made" a unicorn, who considers Star her mother.

Isator Levie

Validated User
One thing that's interesting to consider is that it becomes apparent that the corruption of the magic has nothing to do with why they were unable to get back to Mewni; that's just Hekapoo cordoning it off so that Lena could engage in her attack without interference.

So it leaves a hanging question of how it has happened and what the consequences are.

I think some of that might be related to the carvings before they went into the well, which appear to convey a notion of Glossaryck as a font of magic (which might not be literal, so much as a metaphor for his role and nature). Possibly, Star has taken on some of that role and nature, without fully comprehending it (although given what the magic does to people directly exposed to it, it might be that full comprehension is not really possible).

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Maybe slightly over simplified answer:
Spoiler: Show
Toffee managed to corrupt most of the magic(the golden fluid is pure magic as far as I can tell). Star found the last spark of uncorrupted magic and willed/hoped it into a purifying unicorn. Thus she "made" a unicorn, who considers Star her mother.
I remember that, I just don't remember the unicorn calling her Mom, or Star calling it her baby for that matter.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I remember that, I just don't remember the unicorn calling her Mom, or Star calling it her baby for that matter.
They've both changed as people in that time.

Note also that Star is taking a maternal mantle for authoritative reasons, to have them transported safely.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Except Tom, who is still on fire, stuck in the realm of magic, and may be a black unicorn chew toy at the moment.

Poor Tom.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Tom was no where near Janna, Marco and Star when the unicorn sent them to Mewni. Chances are he didn't get teleported when they did.

Capeträger

Validated User
Wait ... who made the carvings? It is not like the humans who went to the well knew of him beforehand ... Glossaryk did it himself, didn't he?

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Tom was no where near Janna, Marco and Star when the unicorn sent them to Mewni. Chances are he didn't get teleported when they did.
Or he was teleported to another place by himself just like all the other people there....

Top Bottom