• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.[merged]

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
And who knows what happened to Ludo and Denis after Heckapoo stopped the scissors from working. They may be stuck far from whatever kingdom they are from that is near Menwni.

TaliaKirana

Validated User
Ludo and Dennis are from Mewni. They rebuilt Castle Avarius, which is on Mewni.
Spoiler: Show
Which is why they had Star run by Dennis and Ludo on her way to the portal.
Yeah, I'm not real happy with the ending either. I really hate "Magic Goes Away" as a plot. Some parts were good, but I was hoping for a twist where the magic would come back pure. I'm not even sure I like Mewni and Earth being cleaved together either. I thought they were more interesting as separate places, and I liked the dimension hopping shenanigans... and was hoping they would continue off screen.

NathanS

Banned
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
Well it seems oblivious to me at least that magic had become at least in part a metaphor for privilege so getting rid of it was the only thematically appropriate thing to do. Then you do have the usual growing up metaphor for leaving magic behind, but the combining of worlds stands in for even without magic/childhood the world can be a strange wonderful place.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Also, we saw a unicorn run off screen after the merger, and if they equal/symbolize magic, it might be possible Star and Marco accidently remade it?

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
See I have this idea for a fanfic where Star gets visited in her dreams by the spirit of Glossaryck and the Magic council members who tell her she can relearn her magic if she seeks out a mentor, and where to find said mentor. And the Mentor she finds is.... Raven of the Teen Titans.

And of course this works out because it turns out Raven is Globgor's niece.

Globgor: So, you're Trigon's daughter. What's my Brother been up to?
Raven: He's the unquestioned master of all that is evil and a ravager and destroyer of worlds.
Globgor:.... So the high school yearbook committee was right all along. *Pulls out Yearbook where Trigon is listed as 'Most likely to become master of all that is evil and ravager and destroyer of worlds.*
Eclipsa: He always was over the top that one. Although I'm one to talk about embarrassing relatives.
Raven:....Okay I just saw a picture of my father with braces and coke bottle glasses and I need a minute to process that. I'm gonna go lie down.
Eclipsa: Take your time dearie.

Sjogre

Validated User
I'm inclined to think that even though the Realm of Magic is gone, that doesn't mean everything magical is gone.

The shot of the pizza party with the HMC was just something Ponyhead said, so I wouldn't take it literally.

In this case, destroying magic being the solution annoys me because it's previously come across as something vital to the universe. The later part of the series treated it as a metaphor for privilege, but before that it was a vital tool, and it's corruption was a serious problem in itself.

Destroying the Realm of Magic had enormous, dramatic effects, but was still far more survivable than I expected.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
I'm inclined to think that even though the Realm of Magic is gone, that doesn't mean everything magical is gone.

The shot of the pizza party with the HMC was just something Ponyhead said, so I wouldn't take it literally.

In this case, destroying magic being the solution annoys me because it's previously come across as something vital to the universe. The later part of the series treated it as a metaphor for privilege, but before that it was a vital tool, and it's corruption was a serious problem in itself.

Destroying the Realm of Magic had enormous, dramatic effects, but was still far more survivable than I expected.
And it feels like it kind of fucked up the moral. Magic was never the problem. Racist fuckwads who were literally trying to make Mewni great again were the problem.

Top Bottom