• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

For fans of good quality cartoons a la MLP and Gravity Falls: Star vs the Forces of Evil.[merged]

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Ludo and Dennis are from Mewni. They rebuilt Castle Avarius, which is on Mewni.
Spoiler: Show
Which is why they had Star run by Dennis and Ludo on her way to the portal.
I missed that. Didn't Ludo not want to rebuild the castle, or did he give in to Denis at the end of that episode? It would suck if he got trapped on Mewni/Earth (Merth?) when he found a better life elsewhere.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
I missed that. Didn't Ludo not want to rebuild the castle, or did he give in to Denis at the end of that episode? It would suck if he got trapped on Mewni/Earth (Merth?) when he found a better life elsewhere.
I'm not sure elsewhere didn't also get cleaved. I recall the pony head kingdom being a separate dimension and wild dragoncycles aren't native to Mewni.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Sheesh, if all of the multiverse was cleaved into one, that means Father Time is wandering around Merth, as are the Star variants like Princess Quasar Caterpillar.

That is one kitchen sink setting.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I'm inclined to think that even though the Realm of Magic is gone, that doesn't mean everything magical is gone.

The shot of the pizza party with the HMC was just something Ponyhead said, so I wouldn't take it literally.

In this case, destroying magic being the solution annoys me because it's previously come across as something vital to the universe. The later part of the series treated it as a metaphor for privilege, but before that it was a vital tool, and it's corruption was a serious problem in itself.

Destroying the Realm of Magic had enormous, dramatic effects, but was still far more survivable than I expected.
Well, actually, Ponyhead asks Star what happened to the HMC, and then smash cut to the guard eating pizza next to their corpses, then back to Star whose like "I guess we'll never know."

But considering these were the guys who imprisoned Globgor and Eclipsa, handed their daughter off to St. Olga, and later backed Mina's play to stage a coup against Eclipsa with giant killer magic bots, I'm gonna file that under "Nothing of value was lost."

(Well I mean Heckapoo maybe, but even she seemed to realize the HMC was causing more harm than good, and was alright with them (and herself) going away.)

Anyways, my theory is that the realm of magic was just the font of magic for the Mewni royal family and related creatures, not all magic everywhere forever. It was basically like the Sunwell from Warcraft (Except for the part where it caused the Elves to become magical crackheads following its destruction).

I mean, unless someone has a scienfitic explanation as to why there's a race of talking flying self aware disembodied pony heads flying around living in the clouds. Or any of the other magical creatures we see running around the fused world at the end (Giant spiders, mermaids. Unicorns, etc.)

Of course now that the series is done I have to make an effort to sit down and watch the whole thing on Hulu so that I can incorporate it into the Crinoverse (I made the mistake of incorporating Steven Universe while it was still airing before all the big plot reveals, made things kind of awkward when one of my fellow GMs introduced White Diamond before she was revealed).

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
I am not sure why Heckapoo would die though, she seemed human/mewman-ish to me. She might lose her flametop, and not be able to duplicate but she could live IMO.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I am not sure why Heckapoo would die though, she seemed human/mewman-ish to me. She might lose her flametop, and not be able to duplicate but she could live IMO.
It seems to be implied that the HMC were all magically created beings (I would assume created by the Early Mewman rulers in order to enforce the status quo and deal with any future rulers who tried to change things.)

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
It seems to be implied that the HMC were all magically created beings (I would assume created by the Early Mewman rulers in order to enforce the status quo and deal with any future rulers who tried to change things.)
I think it was flat out stated in a canon book Disney published. Created by Glosseric actually.

Sjogre

Validated User
Even in the pizza party scene, Rhombulus's snake arms were still alive, so I think that there's enough wiggle room to keep her around.

Top Bottom