[For Fun]Casting for a Gender Swapped Remake of Flash Gordon

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
Actually, you know who’d make a really interesting Ming or Vultan: Juliette Lewis. She could legit bring it to either role & would also bring a cool/different energy to the whole production.

petros

Validated User
Dale Arden (Dale is a fine name for a dapper dude in distress) - Channing Tatum or Donald Glover.

Soundtrack - Lonely Island featuring Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake. You just google it if you doubt how camp it could get.

My only reservation is whether a shot-for-shot remake could have a female Flash be a roller derby player, which is a thing that, upon seeing the phrase "gender-swapped remake of Flash Gordon", I instantly knew had to be.

Or am I just not thinking campy enough?
If she's a roller-derby champion then I upgrade my Kirsten Bell pitch.

Is there really such a thing as too campy when dealing with Flash Gordon?

The only question is how do we get Ming's palace guards on roller skates for the throne room brawl?
>Wow, these Rocket-Skates are just like the roller-skates I use back home!

>>How can she out-maneuver my Royal Rockettes? They've trained their whole lives!

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Mehcad Brooks is my suggestion for Dale, and Lena Heady for Princess Varen.

I think we also really need to think about Dr. Zarkova.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
You know thinking about this movie, now as a grown up, I can't believe that I saw it for the first time when I was 5-6. It's just so draped with fetish imagery... I couldn't imagine some-one pitching a modern movie going '...and now the hero and his rival get into a protracted whip fight for the amusement of Brian Blessed'

petros

Validated User
You know thinking about this movie, now as a grown up, I can't believe that I saw it for the first time when I was 5-6. It's just so draped with fetish imagery... I couldn't imagine some-one pitching a modern movie going '...and now the hero and his rival get into a protracted whip fight for the amusement of Brian Blessed'
It's perfect for a remake. It's un-parody-able.

Costume and set design by Stjepan Sejic?
Thank you for making me put that in the search engine!

Gal Gadot as Ming the Merciless. Camp 2020.

Phil Said

Validated User
I’d nominate Nicholas Hoult as Dale Arden. For no other reason than he’s really pretty and I’d like to see him in some ridiculously sexy get up as part of Ming’s harem.

Or Taron Egerton if Hoult’s too busy.

Top Bottom