• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Forgotten Realms - 5ed Style

romanov

gainsayer extraordinaire
Validated User
Wait, I thought FR was "baked in" to 5e.
What I gather from Mearls stating FR is the default 5e setting is that the core books and setting-agnostic books will be geared toward being FR-compatible. Now, for the actual description of the world, map, NPCs and regional feats* we'll have to wait for a campaign setting.

*I suspect we'll see something similar to regional feats, since in FR where you come from it's a thing.

Melkor

Unconquered Son
Validated User
Nope, but I'd wager my grandfather's pocket watch it'll be during 2015.
Thanks. I wonder if the the core book will include the FR pantheon of Gods, and how much setting info will be in the Tyranny of Dragons modules?

romanov

gainsayer extraordinaire
Validated User
Thanks. I wonder if the the core book will include the FR pantheon of Gods, and how much setting info will be in the Tyranny of Dragons modules?
I expect the core book to include the FR pantheon, or at least a few of them as examples. As for the adventure, I think it'd be safe to assume the setting info will be similar to that of the latest D&D Encounters adventures taking place in the Realms.

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
Murder in Baldur's Gate and Legacy of the Crystal Shard are both set in the 5e era Forgotten Realms, and both include substantial campaign guides to their respective areas (Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale).

Der_Rage

Retired User
One thing I wish they'd clear up and unify across all settings is the Pantheon. Whenever I got to make a new character in the Builder and I see ALL THOSE GODS it gets a bit silly. Especially when some of them are like

Bahamut
Bahamut (Forgotten Realms)

And they're both lawful good white dragons.

Gavin Bennett

What Would Trudeau Do?
Validated User
Not more than sample gods being FR god and maybe FR name spells being included, I presume.
Just like Greyhawk was "default" in 3.0, though 3.0 did have a sort of house setting implied in there that was tenuously connected to Greyhawk, if indeed it was so connected.

Scars Unseen

Validated User
One thing I wish they'd clear up and unify across all settings is the Pantheon. Whenever I got to make a new character in the Builder and I see ALL THOSE GODS it gets a bit silly. Especially when some of them are like

Bahamut
Bahamut (Forgotten Realms)

And they're both lawful good white dragons.
That would be horrible. It would be as bad as 4E trying to shoehorn all the core book races into settings where they didn't exist before. Imagine if Dragonlance suddenly had to incorporate Shar or Lloth into its setting, or if Dark Sun were required to have... well... gods.

Top Bottom