• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Freebooters on the Frontier] The Gate

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Devilfish

"I'm sure people will be very excited to have a drink with witchhunters," Zsofika scoffs, maybe a little too loudly.
"Of course, the common folk are always happy to chat with the Blues and Purples. No, the best course is to play it straight. They all know why we're here and they know what the consequences will be should we fail. Their tongues will loosen without too much prompting. That said, I appreciate the beverage, a fine batch indeed. How can I repay you, Asszony Magyar?"

Draining the last of her beer, Veronika turns back to the Watch Captain.

"Did you learn anything from your cobbler about who might have had boots like that?"

Artaud le momo

Slicey Bois FTW
Validated User
Lukacs

Lukacs makes a mental note to investigate Zora to discover the secrets they may be hiding, He will continue to press the watch captain and her underlings to see if anything seems to take shape in the manner of the concealment. Is Zora covering up a particular part of the investigation? Trying to direct the captain's investigation either toward or away from a particular angle? Undermining the investigation? Lukacs presses both for further information if it becomes clearer where the concealment lies, in order to see if the captain does pick up on it eventually as it becomes more overt. Is there some enchantment or beguilement at play here?

Lukacs also makes a note that he hopes the gardener is not connected to the witch in any way. He likes the no-nonsense man, he reminds Lukacs of one of his soldiers who would always be happy to give his views, and with the experience of years, he was often correct too.

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
OOC: I'm calling that a Perceive move. Lukacs perceive roll: 2d6+1 3 Mark Wisdom.

You guide the conversation to put some stresses on where you think it might make things more clear for you, Lukacs. Nothing clarifies, other than you're certain Zora is hiding something from the Watch Captain and the Watch Captain seems to not notice. Your mistrust solidifies, but it looks like you'll either need to be more direct or rope one of your colleagues in to crack things open more.

Unfortunately, both Zora and the Watch Captain notice that you're angling towards something. They aren't resisting your lines of inquiry, but they're exchanging looks with each other and you realize that you're starting to drive a wedge between them and you that wasn't there before.

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Out here in the open, she can once again feel the eyes of the dead on her. It's not an unfamiliar feeling, spirits have followed her as long as she can remember, but the weight of their interest is a constant psychic presence.
Some of them are standing around, watching proceedings like their living neighbors, Zsofika. A few even have ghost tankards of ghost beer.

"Did you learn anything from your cobbler about who might have had boots like that?"
The Watch Captain frowns. "Most make their own shoes here. We lack a dedicated cobbler. The Tailor was unable to make sense of it, and recommended I speak with the Tinker, who is his supplier for shoes that are not local. Ivan Lorenz was not accepting visitors the times I called, and then the Councilors decide to call you in. Perhaps he would open his door for you."

Hrm. Szilágyi Lana, the angry, precise skeptic who you noted at the Ceremony, and who the Mayor identified as 'the one to watch', was noted to you as handling the affairs of the Tinker and the Blacksmith. Husband and brother?

Any of you who were attentive and tend to remember such things could recollect that association.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Devilfish

"Indeed, perhaps he will. I'd certainly prefer that people talk willingly, though I do fear that our presence at this Sampling Stroll Asszony Magyar has proposed may put a bit of a damper on the event for the people of this town. That said, we do need to find this witch and time is a factor. I'm willing to mix business and pleasure this once, I suppose."

Veronika smiles and the corners of her eyes crinkle. Surprisingly, it looks almost genuine.

OOC: Based on my Google Translate abilities, Asszony is the Hungarian equivalent of Misses, so that's why I'm using it.

Artaud le momo

Slicey Bois FTW
Validated User
Lukacs

"Perhaps if we use the stroll as a way of more informally announcing our presence, in contrast to the dog's breakfast that was our formal introduction, we might get somewhere," Lukacs says drily. "Let's not get too heavy tonight. Use the opportunity to meet and greet on a personal level, get a gut feeling abut those we meet, and more importantly, start putting some names to faces. Look for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious by any means, but tonight isn't an inquisition. And let's see if we can note anyone who doesn't take part."

Atlictoatl