• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [Freebooters on the Frontier] The Gate

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
While the pace has slowed down in terms of our posting rate, I think once we got through Day One things have picked up, in terms of our ability to move through new characters and situations with reasonable rapidity.

That said, we've been at this for four months, all told, so moving things forward a bit seems like good recourse. In my next update, I'll advance things forward to the second week with a summary of events and people.

~*~

On a separate note, do you want to recruit a fourth player, so it's not just the two of you? Artaud's welcome to his spot if he comes back, but it's not a surety that people come back after a lengthy ban, and he's a new board member. Lord knows I've thought of bailing on the site when my hand's gotten slapped, and I have a lot invested in the communities here.
It might be a good idea, because I think we're riding on the low end of a pace that can actually keep the game alive.

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Well, I didn't anticipate that that info dump was going to kill the game, but maybe I should have. My apologies for selecting this scenario; at the time, I thought its focus on social relationships and politics would be a good fit as an intro to our game, but in retrospect it doesn't lend itself well to PbP. Maybe if I'd been able to keep it faster-paced...

A query for you: do we leapfrog this bump in the road, resolve the town stuff with Bridge, and jump into the core premise of the game (the Gate), or do we let this one go?

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
I think that with the loss of one of the key people in our group and the general slowdown of momentum, we should probably put this one away. It was a fun, well-conceived ride, but probably the investigation was a bit too slow-paced for the medium.

I do wish my randomly-generated magic spells had ended up being a little more useful. That's my primary complaint!

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
I think that with the loss of one of the key people in our group and the general slowdown of momentum, we should probably put this one away. It was a fun, well-conceived ride, but probably the investigation was a bit too slow-paced for the medium.

I do wish my randomly-generated magic spells had ended up being a little more useful. That's my primary complaint!
A big part of this is on me as well, because I simply haven't been checking in on the PbP forum in general. Since it would appear that I'm the only one really left in the game, it's probably best for us to pack this away. I still had some fun with it, but yes, I was definitely more interested in the exploration and Gate bit than I was in the investigative scenario.

Atlictoatl