OOC [Freebooters on the Frontier] The Gate

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
How many watches have we completed so far today? Do we have time to go to the other houses before the beer parade? If so, I suggest we do that, if not, let's skip to the lager march.
You are currently in the second Watch of the day. It's mid-afternoon, and the beer stroll isn't until the evening, so you have time in-game to visit the other homes affected by the snail calamity. My query was more about how to manage time OOC.

Same query for voting for attending the other gardens; please let me know what your objectives and goals for it are, so that I can set it up appropriately.
 

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
My goal in the beer stroll would be to essentially do what Lukacs suggested - introduce ourselves without making a hash of it like the way the formal introductions ended up. If we go with one of the other options, Veronika would simply continue to look for evidence. It's useful for either uncovering the truth or framing someone.
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
I vote for skipping to the beer stroll, but have no problem with another option if someone wants that.
Do we have time to go to the other houses before the beer parade? If so, I suggest we do that, if not, let's skip to the lager march.
I would like to see where the cat was nailed up.
I like that that's one vote each for a different thing. :cool: Though I'm certain you all would happily arrive at consensus, with sufficient time.

Let me see if I can tackle a bunch of these in the same post and also get us moving forward in time. What will help with this is some clarity on what specifically you're looking for or hoping to achieve inside of your above requests.

Lysus' answer is below, but I'd like to hear from everyone.

My goal in the beer stroll would be to essentially do what Lukacs suggested - introduce ourselves without making a hash of it like the way the formal introductions ended up.
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Checking in. Not to be too precious about the sentiment, but it's your game. While you all have divergent preferences for the next activity, if you let me know your goals within those preferences I can try to resolve everything while keeping our forward momentum.
 

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
I'm in for that! Of all the things that have happened, the cat feels the most targetted.
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Let's compromise, go and see where the cat got nailed, then head for the beer trail?
I'm in for that! Of all the things that have happened, the cat feels the most targetted.
Ah, gotcha. My apologies, I was thinking you were more interested in just briefly looking. If you want to investigate there, talk to the people involved, etc. then I'm going to have to enforce the Watch structure quoted below, as the primary organizational device of the scenario. Part of the design is to force hard choices.

We're currently in Watch 2. Watches 1 and 2 are structured somewhat differently than the rest of the scenario, in that Watch 1 was spent getting acquainted with the Mayor and the situation in town. Watch 2 is being spent on visiting the mortuary to examine the evidence collected there, and involves an interruption and side event regarding the snails. We can continue on with Watch 2 by continuing to pursue the evidence in the mortuary or continuing to pursue the side event with the snails, but moving to another location for a new investigation will commence a new Watch.

Following these first two Watches, what you pursue and where you schedule your time is much more at your discretion, though there will be some specific events each day that happen within a specific Watch. They can either blossom into the full activity of the Watch, or be one component of the Watch if your interaction with them is contained and you continue with the investigation elsewhere.

So... during Watch 3, the Sampling Stroll with the Innkeeper will be happening. You can spend the Watch joining that, or pursue a separate investigation like the cat mangling, as you choose, but not both.

If it's a simple matter of looking at the place the cat got posted and noting a thing or two for later investigation, I was going to present it briefly on the way to either finishing out Watch 2 or moving on to Watch 3, which is where I got confused. Again, my apologies for offering choice and agency and then seeming to take that away.

OOC: The structure of the game will be divided up into Watches of roughly six hours in length, four each per day. Each watch, the full party can engage in an activity, such as visiting or investigating a person or location, etc. For simplicity and my sanity, it's going to be best if you all focus on the one thing together -- so, instead of two of you talking to Person X while one of you checks out location C, please investigate Person X together, then go to location C in the next Watch.

Do feel free, though, to be creative about how you pursue the investigation of Person X. All three of you could go talk to them, and then one of you could circle back before the end of the Watch and do more subtle things. Or, while in their home, you could split up and interview the other people residing or working there.

There's also gossip that you can pick up, if you linger in someone's home or place of work and partake in their refreshments.

You'll generally want to occupy one Watch per day with sleep. You can go without, but it will levy mechanical penalties against you. It needn't be the same Watch every day; you're welcome to sleep in the afternoon (for example) if you had an especially busy night the night before.
 

Artaud le momo

Slicey Bois FTW
Validated User
Ah, I see. I vote for brief look at the area on the way to the beer stroll then, and then come back if necessary or if we want to interview people etc tomorrow, after we recover from the beer parade.
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Ok. I'll regard that as a majority vote, next to Lysus' original vote. Please do chime in if you have any objections or concerns, MrPrim.
 
Top Bottom