• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[funny] Ruin an RPG by changing one letter of its title

Deliverator

Belongs to an elite order
Validated User
I'll start.

Dudgeon World: a game about grumpy people living in a world of some sort; maybe it's a fantasy world, maybe not, all we know is: they're annoyed

Codbound: you have powers over one species of fish, and nothing else

Mu Shu: a game about Chinese cooking competitions (...actually this one might not suck)

Burning Heel: a game about walking barefoot in the desert, and no other activities

bottg

Validated User
Codbound: you have powers over one species of fish, and nothing else
That reminds me of something my brother once scratched into the wood of his desk when he was young: "AB is Cod". It was meant to be "Cool", but the final o and the l were too close together...

I offer:

Park Dungeons
A retroclone of one of the classic games where you get to venture underground and plant flowers, walk the dog and have picnics

simonpaulburley

Validated User
Fat - the RPG of putting,on weight.
Ate - the "monster manual" for Fat.
Patchfinder - the game of mending shared quilts
Tsarfinder - after the Russian revolution, looking for surviving members of the royal family.

Last edited:

Jaydee

Off on an adventure
Validated User
Edge of the Umpire - the RPG based around the rebellion of the World Series Cricket in 1977. A bunch of plucky cricket rebels, lead by heroic media tycoon Kerry Packer, lead the fight against the tyranny of the Test and County Cricket Board.

Sage Genesis

Two
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Goolike: Play WW2 superheroes made out of slime.

Bunnies & Barrows: Watership Down goes dungeoncrawling to fight the undead.

Blames in the Dark: A criminal heist has gone disastrously wrong. The crew debates who screwed up.

Michael K

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Shadowrub: You play hired criminals that... stealthily, like, for money. It's a job, okay?

Cyberfunk 2020: Funky musicians living on the edge in a dystopian corporate-dominated future.

Earthdamn: Mad Max meets Scooby-Doo and Lord of the Rings after the demon apocalypse.

Dearlands: The tame west with, no spaghetti, no meat, but flowers, and friendly animals that offer sage advice.

Chris24601

Validated User
Cage: The Awakening. The PC's all wake up in a cage. What happens next depends on who or what else the GM put in the cage with you.

Alternately...

Cage: The Ascension. The PC's are underground cage match fighters trying to work their way up the ranks for big payouts while avoiding the law.

Snoof

Time-Travelling Layabout
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chronicles of Dorkness - basically every unsympathetic depiction of role-playing games in the media. Full of cringe and inanity.

Dredd - uses Jenga as a task resolution mechanic. If the tower falls, you've been gunned down by the Judge.

Ball of Cthulhu - elder gods compete to fill their dance cards, wear the most impressive frocks and flirt with eligible bachelors.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Shill - where you explore creepy places, looking for ways to introduce product placement and marketing techniques

Cogs in the Vineyard - watch assemblers struggle to be respected in a largely agricultural society

Tasks: a New Generation - you're the office-worker descendants of other office workers. Can you get your to-do list completed?

Gortex+ - a generic system for simulating all kinds of cold-weather apparel

Danger Petrol - you pump gas for a living, try not to blow anything up

Earthdown - a game of tunneling into the earth and finding...nothing. Just rocks and dirt.

El Ravager34

RPGnet Member
Validated User
GULPS -- A drinking RPG where all actions are determined by whether you can handle more shots than the difficulty number

Dork Conspiracy -- A near future RPG where the "cool" guys and gals keep running into tech gone bad (Coincidence? I think not!)

Where Wolf -- A game all about who can be first to find that elusive wolf (Sorry, but I loved Young Frankenstein)

Tunnels and Tolls -- An RPG about driving the toll roads of the world

Boot Hell -- Roleplaying a Return desk agent at the crappiest boot store in the world

ETA:

TimeWitch -- A real witch escapes the Salem Witch Trials and now time travels to champion those blamed for things they didn't do

Last edited:
Top Bottom