Game mechanics testing (Volunteers Needed)

JerelLightning

Validated User
I’m a newbie that’s currently working on my own tabletop rpg. I’d like any volunteers to help me figure out my game mechanics with me. Since I’m a newbie advice other than what’s on topic is greatly appreciated, but should be kept at a minimum.

The setting for it is a Sci fi Space rpg, where terrans and hequns are in diplomatic conflict over territory.

The mechanic that I’ll be focusing on is my combat mechanic, which I will explain in that thread.

I’d like at least one person for a start, but more people will be nice later.

Thank you.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Are you looking to start a PBP game to actually test your game by playing it? Or are you looking for folk to read your game or parts of your game and give feedback/discussion? I ask only because if you are looking primarily for feedback/discussion rather than actual play to test the bits and bobs you will likely get a lot more responses over on the Tabletop Roleplaying Game Design page than you will here. That's pretty much all we do over there.

JerelLightning

Validated User
Are you looking to start a PBP game to actually test your game by playing it? Or are you looking for folk to read your game or parts of your game and give feedback/discussion? I ask only because if you are looking primarily for feedback/discussion rather than actual play to test the bits and bobs you will likely get a lot more responses over on the Tabletop Roleplaying Game Design page than you will here. That's pretty much all we do over there.
Kinda both, but yea, definitely more of playtesting at this stage

Linnefer

PbP is usually different from playtesting - in a lot of cases it is "just wing the rules" in other cases there is one GM and still, a lot of rules get just ignored for the flow... However, what you need to provide for a PbP to get updraft is a solid idea of the world and rules.

Top Bottom