• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[#GamerGate] Gamer Gate General Thread - READ THE FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
Meanwhile, the gamergate mob has spent the last five fucking hours arguing with an Elizabot that someone hooked to a Twitter account.
... If that is repeatable, that might be a good way of dealing with them. :D It would let people use the phrase "Occupy Gamergate" with a new twist. ;)

Last edited:

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meanwhile, the gamergate mob has spent the last five fucking hours arguing with an Elizabot that someone hooked to a Twitter account.
No fucking way.

That's precious .

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
It's not the Valerie Solanas Bot, is it? Because that would be so rich, a bunch of sociopaths arguing with a sociopathic bot.

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
Man, I haven't been following this for a while because, Christ it's exhausting and stupid, but I'm wondering if any of the non-psychotic GamerGate supporters have written about why they feel the need to associate themselves with a bunch of psychotic trolls.

That deadspin article up-thread is pretty critical both of Depression Quest and the state of games journalism, while also being critical of Gamergate. It's not a confusing or difficult position to express.

So, okay, you're a not-totally-shitty person who has disagreements with mainstream feminist criticism and you don't like how cozy games journalism is with games developers.

Fair enough, me too.

But what do you get from associating yourself with a bunch of trolling creeps? What are they bringing to the table other than misery, and why do you feel the need to make common cause with them?

Has anybody bothered to address this, yet?

Last edited:

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
According to ol' Jimmy D, even proud bastion Games Workshop is under assault because its main female army presence are stripper dominatrix elves. I... have a... I have a sad?
Totally unfair. Obvious cherrypicking!

There's an army of fetish nuns, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom