• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Games about dwarves

Minivera

Validated User
Are there some fantasy games/settings that revolves around dwarves and their societies? Not D&D with only dwarven PCs, games fully devoted to dwarves.

I know of Iron Edda, but that's pretty much it... I love dwarves.

Thanks

Monte_Cristo

Validated User
Does Burning Wheel work for you? Whilst not exactly purely about Dwarves; nor with a spelled out, essay format, Dwarf setting, the implied setting for Dwarven characters is pretty neat and works in a lot of details you see of dwarves in most other types of media - Greed, Oaths, Traditionalist societies, etc.

AndrewTBP

You are Number 6
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The One Ring with an all Dwarf fellowship. The Lonely Mountain supplement should be available soon.

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
The One Ring with an all Dwarf fellowship. The Lonely Mountain supplement should be available soon.
Out now for preorder and by PDF.

And, yes, it has some very nice things in it for an all-dwarf fellowship. I'm seriously thinking about that being my next campaign.

baakyocalder

RPGnet Member
Validated User
It doesn't completely revolve around dwarves, but the Earthdawn game has a major dwarven nation that saved most of the known world. Throal, the dwarven nation, even has a supplemental.

Dagor

Validated User
While it is in a sense just "D&D with dwarven PCs" (or at least can be if taken that way) as well as long out of print, the old Basic D&D Gazetteer "The Dwarves of Rockhome" probably still deserves mention -- if only because it remains about the most in-depth look at what a dwarven nation can actually look like that I've personally seen to date. Complete with (of course setting-specific) insights on dwarven culture, politics, psychology, history, and even architecture.

White Wolf

No not THAT White Wolf.
Validated User
Here is a list of all Dwarven supplements. I don't thinik it is complete but it does have A LOT of material. My personal favoirite is #17 Dwarves by Roll Aid.

The WFRP 2nd ed adventure Karak Azgal deals with a dwarven kingdom but you don't have to play all Dwarves. The 1st ed of WFRP had a 4 splat book campaign called the Doomstones Campaign. That was dealing with all sorts of adventures but you ended up in an abandoned Dwarven Kingdom in the middle of a Dwarven conflict.

:) I love Dwarves too.

d8 Gamer

Validated User
Dungeons and Dragons (if you like it ) has some pretty sweet supplements ranging from Races of Stone to even the Monster Manual (some of the dwarven subraces presented therein rock).

Last edited:
Top Bottom