Games That Get Little Love, Save From You

CoreyHaim8myDog

Validated User
The Whispering Vault is truly awesome. I still have my bound printouts of all the supplements. I wish I had gotten the miniatures while they were available.

This thread is describing half my game collection.
What is the premise of The Whispering Vault? Never picked it up.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Probably less of a descent into hell that the usual debate as to whether or not anything with pointy ears is an elf.
It's also kind of stupid tag-line seeing how many settings don't have elves because they only have humans.

"No Humans" would be pretty unique.

prototype00

Validated User
Kuei Jin: Kindred of the East / Dhamphyr Half Damned.

Sometimes (I’m sure Mexican fans of Desperado can feel my pain), there are works put out that immediately have the label “cultural appropriation” and thus Badwrongfun put on them by I’m sure well meaning Western fellow Rpg enthusiasts.

What they don’t seem to realise is sometimes, these “problematic” sourcebooks are so STUPID AWESOME, that it doesn’t matter to the hyped eastern culture consumer.

That, in part, is what happened here.

RobertEdwards

Validated User
SSDC's Battlelords of the 23rd Century - I like the setting, but the system, oh Lord, the system is just so crunchy.

I also have something of a soft spot for WEG's Shatterzone, if for nothing else than the Oh, S#^$! card in the drama deck (the picture on the card was fecal material hitting the fan). One game we had 3 of those special cards show up at once. It was a spectacular clusterf***.
Love them both. Battlelords and Shatterzone are almost as Silly Awesome as Star Wars.

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
Probably less of a descent into hell that the usual debate as to whether or not anything with pointy ears is an elf.
You can certainly make an argument that some of the Talislanta pointy-ears aren't elves, but to make the argument that all of them are requires an extremely narrow and specific definition of same. Its still a semantic shell game to be able to use a tagline that almost certainly would be perceived as false by a good number of people picking the game up.

ApparitionsStalkTheNight

Validated User
Talislanta...

I've always loved Talislanta, but every time I've run it for a group, I've been the only person who had any prior experience with it at all. Older gamers remember the "No Elves!" ads in Dragon magazine, but so far? No one I've taught it to had ever actually played it before.
Its one of my oldest rpg books, but I have never played it. Man now I miss it. Too bad its like 3 house moves back.

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have actually GMed a game of Rock of Tahamaat, a game created by D Vincent Baker to make a game design point (though playable), which I think puts me in the low double-digits of people to ever actually do that.

Top Bottom