• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Games We've Beaten 2019

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Well, I just finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Overall I really liked it, but you can tell it was kind of rushed at the end, what with the last few areas being more or less corridor shooting, and the catacombs not actually being there. I was also confused for a moment when I beat the game, as after the end cutscene played there weren't any credits or anything. The game just spat me back out at the Chernobyl NPP with no objective.

Still, overall I really enjoyed myself and I'll have to give Call of Pripyat a shot soon enough.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just finished Breath of the Wild today. I had all the gear and shrines and was just bumming around for korok seeds, so I decided to just finish it.

Spoiler: Show
I was somewhat disappoited that I couldn't keep playing after the ending. I still have a save file from before the fight, so I can keep going on that, but I was kinda disappointed that the game didn't let me just continue on playing.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
First game beaten in 2019: Hitman (2016). Got Silent Assassin for about half the missions, challenge completion was about 20% on average. I've always been a fan of the Hitman games, this one was a blast and more than made up for the abysmal Absolution. I enjoyed the challenged system, where completing challenges unlocked new options which let you further explore and approach the mission from a different angle. Each level, except the Bangkok hotel, felt massive with a lot to explore. The GOTY bundled bonus missions and Patient Zero campaign were also quite fun, they reused the same maps from the main campaign but added a lot of new stuff to them so they felt like "new" missions.

Also, my 7 year old daughter enjoyed watching me play and really got into it, to the point of offering helpful suggestions of how to distract/isolate someone so I can murder/knock them out. I'm... uncertain over where this makes me a cool dad or a bad dad.

Starcrash

Validated User
Completed Mechanicus. An enjoyable romp, but that game needs balancing. I'd left it 75% complete and came back to find a patch had affected several skills, which was not a nice surprise. Still, fun enough.
Spoiler: Show
If the end boss had actually had even a couple of mooks, say a pair of Immortals, it would have made for a tougher scrap. Once you get to focus on a boss they tend to melt.

Kuhan

Validated User
Finished off The Turing Test. Despite the pretty trailer and graphics, it's too little narrative stretched over too much sub-par puzzling. The conversation between Ava and T.O.M., which is the core of the game's story, is parsed out a sentence or two at a time in each Portal Test Chamber sized puzzle room. That said, there is one twist that is pretty well executed.

Dain

Validated User
First game I beat this year was the Unavowed (Wadjet Eye Games 2018) - and it was one of the best games I ever played. Adventure game meets rpg meets urban fantasy. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it was too short.

Kuhan

Validated User
I don't know if DLC counts, but it caused me to pick up this game for the first time in a year or so. Finished Open Sorcery DLC: Jingle BEL/S.

Man, I really like Open Sorcery and it's characters, and this DLC gave me a chance to return to them and see them develop. I like the nature of the new antagonist spirit, and the new characters who oppose it. The climax is very similar to the original game's, but that's okay because it's still enjoyable. I continue to look forward to the proper sequel, Sea++.

Grantanz

Validated User
I finished Assassin's Creed: Unity. (Last year I did Origins, Black Flag, Odyssey, and Rogue.) It was okay - I liked the Revolutionary France setting, and the story was adequate, but I found the controls a trifle unwieldy and the interface a tad confusing. I accidentally did the DLC (Chapter 13) partway through Chapter 5, so I hit a discouraging difficulty spike, but when I went back and finished it off, I got an amazing sword which made the rest of the game basically easy mode, so.

I am a little way into Syndicate now - for some reason AC particularly calls to me. Syndicate seems to have dealt with the control and interface issues, and the plot is engaging me. Also, London!

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
A couple minutes ago I wrapped up Tron 2.0.

It has a slightly rough start, but once you've upgraded your version number and a few programs it gets really good.

One thing that occurs to me is that there are a number of weapons I never even tried, because its Tron and therefore I want to use the disc. I sometimes used the sniper rifle (referred to in-game as the LOL subroutine) when I needed the range, but I'd say 95% of the time I was using a disc variant.

Last edited:

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I've finished Borderlands 2. On normal difficulty.
I was playing this game on and off on three different systems since early 2014. Lotsa good times. Never made the final push before.

Top Bottom