• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Games We've Beaten 2019

Agamemnon2

Validated User
I got to the end of What Remains of Edith Finch. It was a horrible experience I never want to repeat. Don't get me wrong, with was extremely well done and memorable, but it's all so sad. Unrelenting, horrible, depressing sadness. I'd not been feeling super duper even before I started, but by the time I got to the end credits I was physically ill. I cannot in good conscience recommend it. The real world has enough misery on tap without needing to seek out handmade artisan anguish.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
Finished Styx: Shards of Darkness, getting Gold for Shadow (no alerts) on every level. I loved the stealth in this game - the maps are quite expansive, there’s a lot of room to take different approaches depending on your playstyle (murder your way through, find a path through the rooftops, use your amber abilities or crafted tools, etc), which makes the inclusion of restrictive sections where you have to jump just the right way to win the boss fight all the more perplexing. The worst offender was the dark elf trials level which was basically a series of rooms of deathtraps. To end on a positive note, I really liked the dwarf guards, who had the ability to smell you out, so you really had to plan out how to avoid them. So they made for an interesting foe in a stealth game. For a possible Styx 3, more dwarf guards and less dark elf deathtrap rooms please.

With that done, I’ve successfully cleared out the games I bought since the last Steam sale, just in time for the next sale which should be just around the corner. Huzzah!

My conscience is clear to finally check out that free Borderlands 2 DLC that just dropped..

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
I just finished Guacamelee! 2 on PC. It wasn't a 100% completion (because FUCK THAT CHICKEN TEMPLE, YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR "CHOSEN ONE" SPEECH UP YOUR KEISTER, CHICKEN POPE!), but it was pretty close, took me just a bit over 14 hours. It was about as good as the first one, with the new mechanics and moves making up for the lack of novelty (because it's essentially a better version of the original Guacamelee!). You should totally check it out if you liked the first game, or are into metroidvanias.

Eduardo Penna

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Yesterday I finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. As a Kickstarter backer I can safely say it was worth every penny I spent on it.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yesterday I finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. As a Kickstarter backer I can safely say it was worth every penny I spent on it.
BRotN has been getting good reviews. It kinda sucks that somebody made a Kickstarter project that was good, now I guess we have to take KS seriously again.

I finished Wargroove, or at least the main story. There's still a lot of puzzle maps and extra's to go, and I'd like to play the epilogue too (which is huge iiuc). I give Wargroove a thumbs up, it's a great game.

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
Just finished Batman - The Telltale Series. It's among the better Telltale Games I've played, and a really good Batman story to boot. I was genuinely surprised by the villain twist in act 3, the devs did a wonderful job subverting the audience's expectations by giving a traditional secondary character and completely changing them for the game. I also liked the fact that you can choose what kind of Batman you're going to be, and I went squarely for compassionate, kind Batman (a Batman that would make a responsible, empathetic dad to the Bat Family in the future, which is one of my favorite takes on the character).

The actions scenes are almost as good as Tales from the Borderlands, which is high praise for a Telltale Game. My only complaint is the usual for TTG releases: the engine is a buggy piece of crap, and while I'm not glad Telltale is gone, I am glad no game will ever be released again using that godawful engine.

I'm currently installing the second Telltale Batman game, let's see if it's as good as this one.

Eduardo Penna

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
So, I forgot to mention - I've beaten Super Robot Wars V - Female protagonist, Fierce Battles Ahead route, which I believe is the "true ending")

Eled the Worm Tamer

Spider Jeruselem's Warior
Validated User
I got to the end of What Remains of Edith Finch. It was a horrible experience I never want to repeat. Don't get me wrong, with was extremely well done and memorable, but it's all so sad. Unrelenting, horrible, depressing sadness. I'd not been feeling super duper even before I started, but by the time I got to the end credits I was physically ill. I cannot in good conscience recommend it. The real world has enough misery on tap without needing to seek out handmade artisan anguish.
I kind of thought it wanted to be deeper than it was, glad I played it but really no need to play it again.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
I just finished Far Cry 3. I played it through around 4 years ago and its still a decent game. The story has some issues, but the game is fun.

StreetBushido

Validated User
Finished up Katana ZERO. Great game. I love the aesthetics, the style, the animation, the music and the gameplay. The game was a bit shorter than I expected and I didn't expect that ending. Let's just say I hope it sells well.

It clearly shares its DNA with Hotline Miami but I think it took that shared heritage and made its own thing out of it. However, unliked Hotline Miami I don't feel any urgent desire to replay Katana ZERO or to explore the new game modes I unlocked. Maybe I'll go back and try out the Speed Run mode, but otherwise I feel pretty done with it.

Top Bottom