• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Games We've Beaten 2019

Might12

Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda today. I got it on sale for seven dollars, so I certainly got my money's worth. I don't know what it was like at launch, but it's pretty fun now. I think that it has my favorite main story of all the games, even if not the best characters. Still kinda buggy and the power cell mechanic was kinda rough, but I'd love to see a sequel. Pity that doesn't to be in the cards.

Where can you find the sand bea

I also finished Ghost 1.0 today. I stopped playing it to try ME:A, and when I came back it turned out that I was literally about a room away from the end of the game. The game is kinda short, but very dense. It felt a bit too short, really. The ending has a long clunky epilogue, and I was left with the feeling that it could have been handled better by having some game play associated with it.
Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda today. I got it on sale for seven dollars, so I certainly got my money's worth. I don't know what it was like at launch, but it's pretty fun now. I think that it has my favorite main story of all the games, even if not the best characters. Still kinda buggy and the power cell mechanic was kinda rough, but I'd love to see a sequel. Pity that doesn't to be in the cards.

How can you confront the sand beast which bursts out of the sand in mass effect andromeda?

It is not an architect or sand worm its bigger than them both, It had tentacles and was absolutely huge. I have the game on xbox one x. I have also completed the game, this scene happened near the end of the story or around there, this scene showed Scott Ryder who I played as crash his starship into the sand and then the sand beast bursts out of the sand.

I also finished Ghost 1.0 today. I stopped playing it to try ME:A, and when I came back it turned out that I was literally about a room away from the end of the game. The game is kinda short, but very dense. It felt a bit too short, really. The ending has a long clunky epilogue, and I was left with the feeling that it could have been handled better by having some game play associated with it.

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
This weekend I finished up The Council.

It's an odd duck of a game. It's basically five different game ideas all mashed into one. The voice acting is good and the pacing kept me hooked until the end. The story itself is kinda messy, though, and the stiff animations do detract from the overall experience, as well as the backtracking.

All in all an interesting experience, but it's not exactly a diamond in the rough. Still, if you're into Telltale-style decision based, narrative games then I recommend picking this one up when it goes on sale.
I really liked how most of the time it felt like what choices I made developing my character mattered. It felt WAY less illusory than many Telltale games, even if it lacked some of their polish. I hope the designers get another chance to do a similar game, even if not a sequel or set in the same world. Maybe an investigative Lovecraftian type thing?

Sjogre

Validated User
How can you confront the sand beast which bursts out of the sand in mass effect andromeda?

It is not an architect or sand worm its bigger than them both, It had tentacles and was absolutely huge. I have the game on xbox one x. I have also completed the game, this scene happened near the end of the story or around there, this scene showed Scott Ryder who I played as crash his starship into the sand and then the sand beast bursts out of the sand.
If you mean the thing on the krogan planet, I don't think that you can. As far as I know, it's basically a mobile part of the set.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I really liked how most of the time it felt like what choices I made developing my character mattered. It felt WAY less illusory than many Telltale games, even if it lacked some of their polish. I hope the designers get another chance to do a similar game, even if not a sequel or set in the same world. Maybe an investigative Lovecraftian type thing?
It should please you to know they’re making a Vampire: the Masquerade game

StreetBushido

Validated User
Yeah, I agree that your character choices felt more important in The Council than in Telltale's games. And also that the narrative choices felt that they had a bit more weight. The outcomes do seem to be fairly heavily affected by your choices. I liked the chapter summaries where they point out what else you could've done, and what you missed.

It should please you to know they’re making a Vampire: the Masquerade game
I hope they take the lessons they learned from The Council and apply them to their next project. This has "sleeper hit" written all over it.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I've finished Wolfenstein: The New Order, the Fergus timeline. I still can't believe how good this game is. So many big things and little details they got right... All the newspaper articles, and the architecture, and the posters everywhere, and the way characters consistently mispronounce words based on what their native tongue is, and the music, damn. The bassline of the main theme always gets my heart pumping.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Yesterday I finished a Czech made FPS from 2007 called Alpha Prime. The visuals were pretty decent for 2007. Kind of Doom 3 without the demons. Everything else was average at best.

R-90-2

Can it be SNEK TIEM?
Validated User
Thanks to Believing in my own Justice, I've finished Metal Wolf Chaos: XD. The main story, anyway.

This is not a joke. I mean, it is hilarious, but this is a genuine game, and a good game at that. It'll probably be no trouble for anyone experienced with Fromsoft's other mech game, Armored Core. I'm not done with the game yet- Like many Fromsoft games, there are a bazillion weapons to find and experiment with.

And yes, I know it's still 30 fps. There is no scientific unit of measure that is small enough to capture how little I care.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
We've finished ICO, the two-player playthrough. The kid was crying at the end, even though she's already seen the end when we did the singleplayer, switching the controller between us.
Such a great game.

Thanks to Believing in my own Justice, I've finished Metal Wolf Chaos: XD. The main story, anyway.

This is not a joke. I mean, it is hilarious, but this is a genuine game, and a good game at that. It'll probably be no trouble for anyone experienced with Fromsoft's other mech game, Armored Core. I'm not done with the game yet- Like many Fromsoft games, there are a bazillion weapons to find and experiment with.

And yes, I know it's still 30 fps. There is no scientific unit of measure that is small enough to capture how little I care.
I was so happy to find out there's a remake! Looking forward to giving it a try.

Top Bottom