• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

GenCon 2019, Meet And Greet (and general discussion)

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Heya everybody!

GenCon finally made my annual meet-and-greet-get-together-everyone-hang-out-somewhere-clean-and-quiet event live. Tickets for it cost $0.00, but are much appreciated if you'd like to swing by (the more tickets I have, maybe the less hassle I'll face getting the event made every year).

It's just a chance for .netters to hang out and say howdy to one another, put faces to (user) names, talk to new GenCon attendees with advice, tips, or tricks, to have a last chance to hype one another up for any generic-ticket games, yadda yadda yadda.

So swing by and say hi if you wanna!

What's everyone psyched for in Indy this year? Any other last-minute tickets we should snag?

ExcessiveKnife

Is Tired Of Your Judo
Validated User
What's everyone psyched for in Indy this year?
I hear there's going to be a set of vintage Battletech arcade pods there. I've been wanting to try that out for ages, and now it looks like I've got a shot.

Also, none of my usual group will play me in Superfight, so being able to meet up with some randoms who are down for some hypothethetical combat sounds delightful.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, the BattleTech pods are there (and Origins, as far as I've seen?) every year. They're a great way to get rid of any last-minute generic tickets you've got, and a fun way to kill a little time. :)

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
The pods were definitely at Origins this year, tempting me every time I walked into the dealers hall.

I’ll be around, at the Cubicle 7 booth if I’m not running games or what-not.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On top of the meet and greet (which is always fun) and my own panel, I'm looking forward to some more Vampire and Werewolf LARPing, playing some Doomtown Reloaded (that game got the hooks into us pretty deep at Origins), and a neat-looking Star Wars LARP me and some buddies signed up for last minute (we were planning some Star Wars cosplay already, so this way we get to double dip and have a reason to dress up).

baakyocalder

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm going to be in town on August 1 through August 5. My schedule's still to be determined, as like in the Knights of the Dinner Table comics where the big convention is where the group meets up, I'm meeting up with friends. Been gaming online with them for 8 years or so and it will be great to meet them in person.

We'll play some of the games we like--hopefully I get to run some Aces & Eights: Reloaded and play in the 'Little Jake' Aces & Eights: Reloaded game being run by the Hackpack

I'd be happy to put screen names to faces for the fine members of RPG.net the day(s) I am at Gencon if we happen to meet.

Critias, I hope your meet-n-greet is awesome.

Andy-C

Setec Astronomer
Validated User
I'm manning Crafty Games' booth (2439) from 10-2 all four days, and playing X-Wing Friday and Saturday nights. Looking to pick up the Cyberpunk Red starter box, the Epic conversion kit for X-Wing, and hopefully the new Armada campaign. Other than that, seeing old friends and making new ones.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
I'll be helping out my best friend Matt Press* at his Author's Avenue table on Saturday and Sunday. He's got a novel out, a 1930s hardboiled detective noir, sci-fi, supernatural kinda thing, Desperate Days. I've read it, and it's pretty great. I'm beta-reading the sequel, King Jim, right now.

I'm hoping tofind an evening game to play, but I...don't know how that works. My GenCon history in recent memory involves driving the one hour there in the morning and coming back home once the exhibitor hall closes. So, I haven't had time for actual con gaming since...the 90s?

*(I'll be honest - I don't think the cover of the book does it justice, so maybe don't judge it by that.)

Last edited:

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
I'm hoping tofind an evening game to play, but I...don't know how that works. My GenCon history in recent memory involves driving the one hour there in the morning and coming back home once the exhibitor hall closes. So, I haven't had time for actual con gaming since...the 90s?
Buy a few generics and show up at a game that sounds interesting to you. In my experience, almost every time, one or more of the ticketed players won't show up (especially if it's an early morning or late night game) and the GM will be able to squeeze you in.

Top Bottom