• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][2014 Summer] My RPG.net General Anime Thread SNAFU

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Crunchy has been blasting out the announcements, and Funi even announced one more. Wheee. So let's catch up, shall we? And this may be the last of these I need to do till Fall.

Summer 2014 Anime Chart

Summer Streaming

I'm not going to post the ongoing stuff carrying over from Spring, since I figure you were either watching that already, or you weren't. Posting here isn't likely to get you to suddenly go check it out :)

Crunchyroll Summer 2014 Lineup

Sailor Moon Crystal
Free - Eternal Summer
Re: Hamatora
Glasslip
Argevollen
Sword Art Online II
Shonen Hollywood - Stage for 49 - (Non English territories only)
Samurai Jam -Bakumatsu Rock-
Locodol
ALDNOAH.ZERO
Rail Wars!
Akame ga KILL! (Page not up yet)
Ao Haru Ride (Page not up yet)
DRAMAtical Murder (Page not up yet)
Persona 4 Golden the Animation
Barakamon (Europe (outside the United Kingdom and Ireland), the Middle East, and North Africa)
Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club!
Hanamayata
Momo Kyun Sword
FATE/KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA 2wei!
Love Stage!!
Encouragement of Climb Season 2
Ai-Mai-Mi Mousou Catastrophe Season 2
Shin Strange + Season 2
Black Butler: Book of Circus (South and Central America, UK/Ireland, Australia/New Zealand)
Tokyo ESP (Most non-English countries)
Magimoji Rurumo
Nobunaga Concerto
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
INVADERS of the ROKUJYOMA!?

Funimation Summer 2014 Lineup

Tokyo Ghoul
Terror in Resonance
Free - Eternal Summer
Shonen Hollywood - Stage for 49 -
Psycho Pass Extended Edition
Sengoku Basara: Judge End
Black Butler: Book of Secrets
Space☆Dandy 2nd Season
Tokyo ESP
Barakamon (US or NA only? No page yet)

Daisuki.net Streaming

Sword Art Online II
ALDNOAH.ZERO
Persona 4 Golden The Animation
Black Butler: Book of Circus
Sushi Ninja

Hulu Streaming

Sailor Moon Crystal
Aldnoah.Zero
Sword Art Online II
Free - Eternal Summer
Sabagebu - Survival Game Club
Persona 4 The Golden
Tokyo Ghoul

No Streaming yet (With official start date)

Pri Para (July 5)
Jinsei (July 6)
Fran♥cesca (July 7)
Himegoto (July 7)
Minarai Diva (July 14)

If anyone has anything to add, please do and I'll add it with the next update. Still a couple summer shows unaccounted for here. Since we're several days past the initial airdates, I'm guessing they may not be licensed for streaming by anyone.

Last edited:

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
Heh, that did seem kind of funny to me. "Hey, teenager who was victimized by a madman along with thousands of others and who was successful by virtue of being really good at a particular game! Would you be interested in going into this other, totally unrelated game for us to investigate something potentially life-threatening, despite your total lack of experience and all kinds of weird possible liability issues?"

But like you said, a certain degree of contrivance is to be expected, so, whatever. I'll roll with it.
He's also the one who kicked the madmans ass and I'd be surprised if the other survivors didn't talk about how important his efforts were to them staying alive and sane and getting out of there. I don't have a problem with their approach because when people are dying in VR he's the closest thing they have to an expert at investigating/dealing with the situation from the inside.

thePill

Validated User
Hey Bull, mind adding in which of those also have Hulu streams, as there's a lot of those that are also on Hulu or available through Hulu as well. (maybe w/ an asterisk or something, seeing as they usually have CR and Funimation, not sure about the rest.)

Especially as, basic free Hulu usually doesn't make you wait the extra week for the subscriber only thing that CR does.

Last edited:

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Hey Bull, mind adding in which of those also have Hulu streams, as there's a lot of those that are also on Hulu or available through Hulu as well. (maybe w/ an asterisk or something, seeing as they usually have CR and Funimation, not sure about the rest.)

Especially as, basic free Hulu usually doesn't make you wait the extra week for the subscriber only thing that CR does.
Yeah, I can do that. I'll have to sift through Hulu though to do it. Unfortunately none of the announcements sites ever list Hulu, since Hulu is piggybacking or hosting the free streaming on behalf of other companies like Funimation half the time. I'll try and get it later tonight or tomorrow.

Although you're making me break my "Never going to Hulu ever again" promise. ;)

Last edited:

Rabbit

Validated User
He's also the one who kicked the madmans ass and I'd be surprised if the other survivors didn't talk about how important his efforts were to them staying alive and sane and getting out of there. I don't have a problem with their approach because when people are dying in VR he's the closest thing they have to an expert at investigating/dealing with the situation from the inside.
Also Kirito is a system player. Part of his success in SAO was that he understood the mechanics of how the game worked. If he's been fully debriefed the the government knows that he kicked two VR madmen's asses and solved a number of VR crimes by knowing how to manipulate the system. He's also planing to become a VR architect so he reads up on the technical side of things. Given all that he's a reasonable choice, it's not that far from hiring a former hacker to look into your cyber security.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm going to avoid the political stuff. Tatsuya is -definitely- wish fulfillment, though. Though I will note that he does get creative from time to time. Then again, I actually like him better than say, Lelouch, whose 'genius' was basically Marty Tzu, to use a TVTropes term.
Lelouch was a much more interesting protagonist because the narrative allowed him to fail, often crashing and burning spectacularly ; often he was not so much succeeding but failing upwards. That's what made him entertaining : he was always barely scrapping by, in true underdog fashion. (That's less true of R2, which is one of its key problems.)

Tatsuya never fails. It never even feels like he's challenged in any way ; his opponents are always vastly below his level and there's never any suspense in the fights he takes part in. (Ditto for his sister and most of his friends.) This lack of tension makes his adventures very dull indeed.
This may change in the future ; but come on, we're 14 episodes in. At the rate this is going, we'll be lucky if we get to this point by the anime series' end.

If anyone has anything to add, please do and I'll add it with the next update.
There's something called Minarai Diva that's supposed to debut on Monday 14th on NicoNico. I don't expect it to be simulcast, but you never know.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Invaders of the Rokujyōma! - amused by the setup. That ghost is no nananana though.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
I don't think there's anyone else who would be better than Kirito in this role, and the Japanese government seem to be actively grooming him to be their VR intelligence expert.

EDIT: He's basically Hiro Protagonist: Last of the Freelance Hackers, Greatest Swordsman in the world :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom