• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][Fall 2016]It's not like I made this anime sequel for you or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototype00

Validated User
Re: [General Anime][Fall 2016] Such queer choices

Anime Maru's Top 10 anime of 2016, everyone! Just not...our 2016.

An excerpt:

#7. Hunter x Hunter: Okay, I know this show started in 2011, but can we just talk about how great it was this year? Ever since Madhouse rebooted the series they’ve done fantastic work, but ever since 2014 when we got into the Dark Continent arc it’s just been incredible. Still, as much as Madhouse deserves credit for their great adaptation the real hero is Yoshihiro Togashi, whose continuous hard work and dedication to making his series great has cemented it as indisputably the best of Shonen Jump’s Big Four. Seriously, maybe the dude should take a break!

Last edited:

0Megabyte

Stardust Princeling
Validated User

I knew they were saving the Satoshi Kon card for last, but damn.

Dulahan

Validated User

Both Noir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8QLdBiDqI.

And Madlax:

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/madlax/hitominokakera.htm

Both of these are amazing opening songs that really fit the mood of the shows, and are forever imprinted in my mind. I still listen to both soundtracks frequently. Haven't watched either show in close to 10 years, but the songs still stick with me (and I keep wanting to rewatch as a result, just no time!)

Also, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex has this wonder, Inner Universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkMzn4et2U

Last edited:

Bira

Validated User

I have to say "Tank!" is my all-time favorite, with the opening for the recent Lupin III series ranking pretty close to it because it's the Tankier thing outside of Tank itself.

The Ghost in the Shell: SAC openings come right after that. So basically I'm a Yoko Kanno fanboy.

chiasaur11

Validated User

I knew they were saving the Satoshi Kon card for last, but damn.
Honestly, that list mainly made me feel like we got the better end of the deal, at least on the anime front.

Ignoring that most of it was "Thing you like, attached to director's name you like", and that they thought our 2016 was a compelling narrative instead of a non-stop stream of random bullshit and asspull contrivances (And, uh... the Nobel prize goes to Bob Dylan! That sounds logical, right?) they're missing a lot of what we got.

Like, they didn't get a Studio Deen redemption tour with Rakugo and Konosuba. They show no signs of ONE making it big. Studio TRIGGER explicitly doesn't exist, and Imaishi is going for some meditative bullshit about a river a time instead of indulging his love of ALL OVER THE TOP, ALL THE TIME that gave us the sheer delight of Luluco this year alone.

2016 was Some Crazy Bullshit, sure, but anime-wise we came out alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom