• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime] Non-Current Anime Discussion Thread

Dulahan

Validated User
Fuuuuuuuuck.

This yet again bodes badly for so many of my fandoms. Specifically Battletech. But also anime! I'd love to someday see the PURE versions of those media. :(

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Yeah. I'll never get to play Macross 30 in all of its World of Valkyrie glory in a language that I have more than a tenuous understanding of, mores the pity.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is as good a thread as any to put this in (aside from starting a whole new thread, that is), but this can be filed under "Well, fuck."

Harmony Gold renews license to 1st Macross, Southern Cross, & Mospeada

So much for the hope that those licenses would be pulled from the claws of HG and other companies would have the chance to get some of the more recent Macross over here...
Goddammit. I thought things were moving in a positive direction there, but I guess not.

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Fuuuuuuuuck.

This yet again bodes badly for so many of my fandoms. Specifically Battletech. But also anime! I'd love to someday see the PURE versions of those media. :(
Don't feel bad for Battletech. HG's last case against them was dismissed. With Prejudice. Which from what I'm led to understand means that they can't bring this to trial again, ever. And since they apparently named everyone and their dog who ever produced Battletech stuff (CGL, Harebrained, Piranha, etc) *and* were suing over pretty much every product those companies could, would, and have produced... It means HG can't even switch targets or try suing over a different game or product..

It does, however, hose over anime fans.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
They do say that this is only for the first Macross.
It would be nice if the renewal/new license cleared up the rights mess with the subsequent series. So even if HG continues to hold onto SDF Macross, it would be nice to see the others released, even Macross Seven.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
It would be nice if the renewal/new license cleared up the rights mess with the subsequent series. So even if HG continues to hold onto SDF Macross, it would be nice to see the others released, even Macross Seven.
Am I the only one on the forum who actually likes Macross 7?

Top Bottom