• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][Spring 2016] General Anime Is Not Crash

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Spring 2016 Anime Streaming Info!

Same drill as usual. I'll update this list as announcements are made. I'm not going to list the stuff carrying over from the previous season, nor am I going to list one-shots, OVA's, and Movies, since those frequently don't get streamed (sadly). I'm also not listing stuff that looks to be little kids shows that doesn't have a streaming or simulcast site yet. If there's something you want added to the list though, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Useful Related Links:

As always, if you see something I've missed, or have a streaming service you'd like added, please let me know.

Crunchyroll Spring 2016 Lineup

Funimation Spring 2016 Simulcasts

Hulu Streaming

• Asterisk War (Season 2) – Apr 2 – 12 Eps

Animelab - Madman Australia

• My Hero Academia
  • Endride
  • Kumamiko – Girl Meets Bear
  • Three Leaves, Three Colors (Sansha Sanyou)
  • Shounen Maid
  • The Asterisk War (Season 2)
  • Assassination Classroom (Season 2)
  • Concrete Revolutio (Season 2)
  • Rin-Ne (Season 2)

Daisuki

• Asterisk War (Season 2) – Apr 2 – 12 Eps
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096

Animax

Viewster

Amazon Prime

• Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress – Apr 8

No Streaming yet (With official or estimated start date, if known)

• 12-Sai. Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki – Apr 4
  • Aikatsu Stars! (Season 4) – Apr 7
  • Bakuon!! – Apr 5
  • Big Order – Apr 16
  • Flying Witch – Apr 10 – 12 Eps
  • Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto – Apr 8
  • Kuromukuro – Apr 7
  • Macross Delta – Apr 3
  • Magi: Adventure of Sinbad – Apr 16
  • Onigiri – Apr 7 – 5 Minute Eps
  • RIN-NE (Season 2) – Apr 9 – 25 Eps
  • Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalite – Apr 5
  • Show By Rock!! 2 -Apr
  • Sword Gai - Apr
  • Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge – Apr 9 – 12 Eps
  • Wagamama High Spec – Apr – 5 Minute Eps

If anyone has anything to add, especially for streaming services outside the US (Viewster, Animax, and Animelab especially, since I can't reliably check their pages), please let me know and I'll add them to the pile. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Dulahan

Validated User
Re: [General Anime][Spring 2016]General Anime Is Not Crash

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - Shouldn't that be there somewhere? No clue which one, just see it on the live chart, but not here!

Bull

Validated User

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - Shouldn't that be there somewhere? No clue which one, just see it on the live chart, but not here!
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. It's listed under Amazon Prime, as it's the first title under their exclusive noitaminA deal.

Dulahan

Validated User

Awww, damn. Missed the Kabenari by looking for Koutetsujou!

And damn about Prime, it was one of the ones that caught my interest this season, but... I don't have Prime.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User

I guess we'll be relying on fansubs for Macross as usual.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User

And damn about Prime, it was one of the ones that caught my interest this season, but... I don't have Prime.
I'll get use out of mine now. Hasnt really been used since man in the high castle.

Bull

Validated User

Yeah, I know. One thing I haven't been able to find solid confirmation of is whether or not this is getting simulcast in the US. They talk about simulcasting it on Amazon Prime Japan, with "also streaming in the US" tacked on as an after thought. They could be entering into the simulcast market, or they might do like Netflix has been doing and planning to dub and sub stuff themselves, and will air it once the series is complete. Hopefully it's the former.

Either way, yeah, it kinda sucks, because it means a further fragmenting of the streaming sources, making it harder to get hold of stuff through just one or two subscriptions.

Plus, considering their worldwide licensing deal, unless they plan to sublicense, it means the shows flat-out unavailable in an awful lot of places. :(

It's going to be a situation to watch and see how it develops over the next couple seasons.

Me, I don;t have a Prime account and don't plan to get one, so I'll be looking at... other sources.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

Thread title accepted! (thumbs up)

JJBA: DIU 1: What a beautiful Duwang! Such skies. Much yellow. Reminds me of Archie comics.

Starting off with added foreshadowing, too. Yikes.

Last edited:

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User

Plus, considering their worldwide licensing deal, unless they plan to sublicense, it means the shows flat-out unavailable in an awful lot of places. :(

It's going to be a situation to watch and see how it develops over the next couple seasons.
Thats the thing for me. Does that mean an expansion of prime? Or will they sub license to other regions like funimation does?

Given the deal is a full 'all Noitamina' for the length of the deal rather than just one show I certainly can't ignore it. And I hope it does well for them given how noitamina shows typically arent the blockbusters. Seeing Noitamina with a stronger financial footing would be great.

Last edited:

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User

JoJo : Wow, what the heck was going on with that breakfast ?!?
(Don't answer that.)

I have no clue how they can keep improving the colour design again and again, but this looks even more gloriously technicolor than before.

(And now they're just --ing with us regarding Jotaro's cap, right ?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom