• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][Spring 2017] How to Raise a Boring General Anime

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
*Updated 4/14*

Spring 2017 Anime Streaming Info!

Same drill as usual. I'll update this list as announcements are made. I'm not going to list the stuff carrying over from the previous season, nor am I going to list one-shots, OVA's, and Movies, since those frequently don't get streamed (sadly). I'm also not listing stuff that looks to be little kids shows that doesn't have a streaming or simulcast site yet. If there's something you want added to the list though, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Crunchi-Funi Note – With the streaming deal between Crunchyroll and Funimation, Funimation seems to mostly be airing only the Simuldubs of stuff, and that anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks(or more) after the Sub airs. So I’m only going to bother listing Funimation links if they have something that Crunchyroll does not.

The GATE Rule (aka Politics get ugly) - Some shows deal with some touchy political and historical issues. Minor discussion of this is fine, but if it looks like it's going to become a major discussion or argument, please spin off a separate discussion thread. These can get quite heated, can be a bit ugly, can easily derail the thread, and many of the posters in this thread don't care to be involved. Thanks in advance.

Useful Related Links:

As always, if you see something I've missed, or have a streaming service you'd like added, please let me know.

Crunchyroll Spring 2017 Lineup

• Tsugumomo – Apr 2
  • Attack on Titan Season 2 – Apr 1
  • Granblue Fantasy – Apr 1
  • My Hero Academia Season 2 – Apr 1
  • The Silver Guardian (Gin no Guardian) – Apr 1
  • Alice & Zouroku – Apr 2
  • Warau Salesman (Laughing Salesman) - Apr 3
  • Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor – Apr 4
  • Starmyu 2nd Season – Apr 4
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations – Apr 5
  • The Royal Tutor – Apr 5
  • Sakura Quest – Apr 6
  • Clockwork Planet – Apr 7
  • Hinako Note – Apr 7
  • Berserk 2nd Season – Apr 7
  • KADO: The Right Answer (Seikaisuru Kado) –Apr 7
  • Love Tyrant – Apr 7
  • Tsukigakirei – Apr 7
  • Twin Angel BREAK – Apr 7
  • The Eccentric Family 2 – Apr 9
  • Eromanga-sensei – Apr 9
  • What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (aka, SukaSuka (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?) – Apr 11
  • Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys – Apr 12
  • Natsume’s Book of Friends Season 6 – Apr 12
  • Room Mate: One Room Side M – Apr 12
  • The Seven Mortal Sins – Apr 15

Funimation Streaming

Animelab - Madman Australia

• Attack on Titan Season 2 – Apr 1
  • Armed Girl's Machiavellism – Apr 5
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations – Apr 5
  • Sakurada Reset – Apr 5
  • Grimoire of Zero – Apr 10
  • Atom: The Beginning – Apr 15
  • Danmachi Sword Oratoria – Apr 15

Daisuki

The Anime Network

• Frame Arms Girl – Apr 4
  • RIN-NE 3rd Season – Apr 8

Amazon Prime

• Sakurada Reset – Apr 5
  • Armed Girl's Machiavellism – Apr 5
  • Kabukibu! – Apr 7
  • Re:Creators – Apr 8
  • Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul – Apr 8
  • Grimoire of Zero – Apr 10
  • Anonymous Noise (Fukumenkei Noise) – Apr 11
  • Saekano Season 2 – Apr 14
  • Atom: The Beginning – Apr 15
  • Danmachi Sword Oratoria – Apr 15

Netflix Streaming

• ID-0 – Apr 9

No Streaming yet (With official or estimated start date, if known)

• Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... – Apr 3
  • The King’s Avatar (Quan Zhi Gao Shou) – Apr 7

If anyone has anything to add, especially for streaming services outside the US (Viewster, Animax, and Animelab especially, since I can't reliably check their pages), please let me know and I'll add them to the pile. Thanks :)

And finally, all of our previous [General Anime] threads if you feel like reading back a few years. Thanks to Shay Guy for originally compiling this list!

1. 10-20-2012: General Anime thread (Quasar, 999 replies)
  2. 02-13-2013: It's not like I made this General Anime Thread for you, alright?.. Baka. (ru, 1,000 replies)
  3. 03-30-2013: My RPG.net Anime Thread Can't Be This General! (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  4. 05-14-2013: RPG.net's Bizarre Anime Thread: what a beautiful duwang (the_redstar_swl, 1,002 replies)
  5. 07-04-2013: RPGnet Masculine Beauty & General Anime Thread (Rand Brittain, 1,000 replies)
  6. 07-29-2013: RPG.net Swim Club and General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,001 replies)
  7. 08-30-2013: Attack on RPG.net General Anime Thread: The CROWDS are Calling My Name (Dawgstar, 1,003 replies)
  8. 10-03-2013: General Anime Thread La General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,002 replies)
  9. 11-01-2013: General Anime Thread: General Anime Thread is... (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  10. 12-17-2013: Is General Anime Thread the Cake? (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  11. 01-24-2014: [General Anime Thread] Living in the Database Wow Wow (Ikselam, 995 replies)
  12. 02-17-2014: [General Anime Thread] Make a Contract With Me and Become a General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,006 replies)
  13. 03-11-2014: [General Anime Thread]-kun: Master of Wasting Time (Alice Sara, 999 replies)
  14. 03-30-2014: [General Anime Thread] Less Ricky Schroder, More Silver Spoon (Dawgstar, 992 replies)
  15. 04-20-2014: [General Anime] We've Entered an Endless Recursion of General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,001 replies)
  16. 05-21-2014: [General Anime Thread] Still Anime is General (Bull, 988 replies)
  17. 07-01-2014: [General Anime][2014 Summer] My RPG.net General Anime Thread SNAFU (Ikselam, 2,192 replies)
  18. 09-26-2014: [General Anime][Fall 2014]A Certain Literary General Anime Thread (Bull, 2,734 replies)
  19. 01-02-2015: [General Anime][Winter 2015] Elect General Anime for Student Council President! (Bull, 2,526 replies)
  20. 04-02-2015: [General Anime][Spring 2015] General Anime has been rejected by the author. "Funny Story..." (Bull, 2,264 replies)
  21. 07-02-2015: [General Anime][Summer 2015] General Anime's Muscle Appreciation Thread (Bull, 2,755 replies)
  22. 10-01-2015: [General Anime]: Thus, rpg.net fought there (Bull, 2,284 replies)
  23. 01-02-2016: [General Anime][Winter 2016]: General Anime Thread is not Available in Your Region (Quasar, 2,239 replies)
  24. 04-01-2016: [General Anime][Spring 2016]General Anime Is Not Crash (Bull, 1,836 replies)
  25. 07-01-2016: [General Anime][Summer 2016] Too Big To Be Called A Thread (Bull, 1,850 replies)
  26. 10-01-2016: [General Anime][Fall 2016]It's not like I made this anime sequel for you or anything (Bull, 2251 replies)
  27. 01-04-2017: [General Anime][Winter 2017] Have you accepted Aqua as your personal saviour? (If so, WHY?) (Bull, 2458 replies)
  28. 04-01-2017: [General Anime][Spring 2017] Attack on General Anime!How to Raise a Boring General Anime (Bull)

Last edited:

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Re: [General Anime][Spring 2017] Attack on General Anime!

Wasn't "Attack on General Anime" already rejected by the mods on account of the ambiguity or sonething?

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User

Wasn't "Attack on General Anime" already rejected by the mods on account of the ambiguity or sonething?
Errr, dunno. I did notice that one of the early threads (#7 in the list above) has "Attack on RPG.net" crossed off, so maybe that was it? That was before I started hanging out in the threads (I started posting like 3 threads later), so I don't know what happened. But we have the [General Anime] and the [SPring 2017] tags in the title, which I don't think these threads had back then either. I think a thread titles simply "Attack on RPG.net" was the problem?

Still, if it's an issue, the alt title I had was "How to Raise a Boring General Anime".

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User

Yeah, IIRC there was a period where for whatever reason I cannot remember rpg.net was attacked by uh... spammers? ddos? or something like that? And so Attack on RPG.net would be a misleading/confusing title.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

Yeah, IIRC there was a period where for whatever reason I cannot remember rpg.net was attacked by uh... spammers? ddos? or something like that? And so Attack on RPG.net would be a misleading/confusing title.
Ah, ok then. Might want a mod's opinion on this but seems safe enough to me.

Pandora Caitiff

Goblin Princess
Validated User

Subbed!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, because at the moment the only things that have grabbed my attention are Danmachi and Sakura Quest.

Top Bottom