• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][Summer 2015] General Anime's Muscle Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Updating with the latest. This should be close to the final update. Would the mods mind updating the front page with this? Thanks :)

Summer 2015 Anime Streaming Info!

Same drill as usual. I'll update this list as announcements are made. I'm not going to list the stuff carrying over from the previous season, nor am I going to list one-shots, OVA's, and Movies, since those frequently don't get streamed (sadly). I'm also not listing stuff that looks to be little kids shows that doesn't have a streaming or simulcast site yet. If there's something you want added to the list though, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Useful Related Links:

As always, if you see something I've missed, or have a streaming service you'd like added, please let me know.

Crunchyroll Summer 2015 Lineup

• Gangsta. – Jul 1 (Available to French Language users in the following territories: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Quebec & New Caledonia.)
  • Aohara x Machinegun (Aoharu x Kikanjuu) – Jul 3 (United States and Canada)
  • Classroom☆Crisis – Jul 3 (North America, Central America, South America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland)
  • Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakeri – Jul 3 (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Europe (excluding French and French-speaking territories), the Middle East, and North Africa)
  • Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2nd Season – Jul 3 – 13 Eps (Worldwide except Japan and Taiwan)
  • My Wife is the Student Council President! (Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!) – Jul 1 – 12 Eps (10 Mins. Each, available Censored for Free members one week after airing and Uncensored for Premium members only)
  • Ushio to Tora – Jul 3 (USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Middle East/North Africa, and Europe (excluding France and French speaking and Italy and Italian speaking countries))
  • Wakaba*Girl – Jul 3 – 13 Eps (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa)
  • Charlotte – Jul 4 (North America, Central America, South America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland)
  • Durarara!!×2 Ten – Jul 4 – 12 Eps (North America, Central America, South America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland)
  • Gatchaman Crowds Insight – Jul 4 – 12 Eps (United States (and its territories), Canada, Central and South America (including the Caribbean), Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa)
  • Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (Rokka no Yūsha) – Jul 4 (Worldwide except Asia)
  • Working!!! – Jul 4 (North America, Central America, South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand)
  • Actually, I Am… (aka My Monster Secret, Jitsu wa Watashi wa) – Jul 6 (United States, Canada, Central America including the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa)
  • Million Doll – Jul 6 – 12 Eps
  • Non Non Biyori Repeat – Jul 6
  • Monster Masume – Jul 7 (USA, Canada, UK, Irelands, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and Turkey)
  • To Love-Ru: Trouble - Darkness 2nd – Jul 8 (US and Canada)
  • Danchigai – Jul 9
  • School Live (Gakkou Gurashi!) – Jul 9 (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Europe (excluding Germany and German-speaking territories), the Middle East, and North Africa)
  • Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) – Jul 10 (Middle East, North Africa, and Europe (excluding the UK, Ireland, the Nordics, Germany and German speaking countries)
  • Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX – Jul 4 (After Summer?)

Funimation Simulcasts

Hulu Streaming

Animelab - Madman Australia

Daisuki

• Classroom☆Crisis – Jul 3
  • Charlotte – Jul 4
  • Durarara!!×2 Ten – Jul 4 – 12 Eps
  • Working!!! – Jul 4
  • Monster Masume – Jul 7 (Central America, some Latin American countries, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines)
  • God Eater - Jul 12
  • The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls 2nd Season – Jul 17 – 12 Eps

Animax

Viewster

No Streaming yet (With official or estimated start date, if known)

• Wakako-zake – Jul 5 – 12 Eps (3 Mins. Each)
  • God Eater – Jul 12
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! Herz! – Jul 24

If anyone has anything to add, especially for streaming services outside the US (Viewster, Animax, and Animelab especially, since I can't reliably check their pages), please let me know and I'll add them to the pile. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinni

Writer of Ten Thousand Ideas
Validated User
I haven't seen any of the new anime yet. I'll definitely try to watch a lot of them, though.

Bull

Validated User
So watched My Wife is teh Student Council President. I read some of the manga and enjoyed it. It's fanservicey, but funny.

The anime is... well, so far, it's teh same. It's 8 minutes, including credits and OP, so it's a pretty short episode. And it's definitely fanservicy. And at the tail end, NSFW. I imagine that will have some censoring though if it gets legit streamed.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace: Our protagonist seems very much the kind of person who could have done this. I'm really not sure he sees other people as anything other than either tools/playing pieces or irrelevant. On the other hand I don't think he did simply because that wouldn't be fun for him. His fun comes from trying to solve the mystery and you can't solve it if you already know you're the one who did it.

The new teacher . . . were those scars on her wrist?

Edit: The class president is a little suspicious now that I think about it. It doesn't seem any other students showed up at the scene and he and the protagonist seem to have a relatively close relationship (as well as him possibly crushing a little on our effeminate protagonist judging from some of the blushing he does around him) which could have given him an opening to drug the protagonist for the frame job. And if the serial killer teacher was working with a student the class president seems a likely choice "Where are you headed dear?" "Oh, it's nothing important Mom. I just have to go see my homeroom teacher. Class president stuff, you know."

Last edited:

Bull

Validated User
Three new series annoucned by Crunchyroll: Gate, Ushio to Tora, and Wakaba Girl. Added to the big list.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Holy macaroni and cheese.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes got licensed.

Yes, you read that right. This is not a drill.

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm still slowly working my way through the second season of Symphogear (just finished episode 5). It's just not grabbing me like the first one.

I think part of it is the antagonists just aren't as sympathetic as Chris was in the first season. It's been a bit, but what I remember of Chris's backstory was that she had been incredibly warped by Fine. She had no exposure to what a healthy relationship actually was, so she actually thought she was doing what she could for someone who loved her. Hibiki's interactions with her was her first experience with genuine kindness, which made her a very sympathetic character.

None of the current antagonists, in contrast, are making it to my "someone give that girl a hug" list. They don't really seem to have any clear motive that would make them work with a child-murdering sociopath. At the point I'm at, they've explained some of their motivation; the younger girls want to keep the older girl from having to fight too much, and the older girl wants to save the world I guess? But it's all a lot more cliche than Chris's was, and it seems to me the best way to keep their friend from having to fight is to stop instigating situations that make her have to fight. Also, any plan to save the world from an exterior threat that has step 1 as "conquer the entire planet" is absolute nonsense. (Just like season 1, though, any villainous plan that involves blowing up the moon has my respect.)

And why are they letting Dr Psycho keep the Noise-summoning gadget? If they're worried they won't be able to take it away from him, just wait for him to sleep then nab it. He has to sleep sometime. I can't believe they're not taking it away after he's used it to murder children.

Also, he keeps wandering out to gloat to military forces, him with no powers except the ability to command Noise. I keep thinking that if a single one of these military groups was smart enough to leave a sniper in a good position then the whole season would already be over. (He's shown he can block bullets with the Noise, but that was when he saw them coming with enough time to shield himself. He's not leaving the Noise shielding him while he gloats, so a single unexpected shot would make the whole season a lot less child-murdery.)

Still watching, though. We'll see if my opinion improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom