• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime Thread]-kun: Master of Wasting Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Previous thread

No one else was making a new thread, and I liked this thread title suggestion!

/stamps the thread "Making a new general anime thread: Conquered!"

Last edited:

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Is General Anime Thread-kun one of RPG.net-tan's classmates?

PTiKachu

Damaramu will regret this
Validated User
So I'm LTTP with Gatchaman CROWDS, which I've heard interesting things about. I'm totally wowed by the analysis and subversion of the superhero genre, to say nothing of the concept of heroes in general ("In a world...one man!" etc). Astonishingly fun music, voice acting and character design. Rui is a character I can really root for because of his philosophy and motives.

And Hajime...well, she's sort of like the show all encapsulated. Bright, manic, asks surprisingly hard questions, is too smart for its own good, and doesn't stop to explain everything, but if you see what it's trying to do, you ought to be impressed.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
So I'm LTTP with Gatchaman CROWDS, which I've heard interesting things about. I'm totally wowed by the analysis and subversion of the superhero genre, to say nothing of the concept of heroes in general ("In a world...one man!" etc). Astonishingly fun music, voice acting and character design. Rui is a character I can really root for because of his philosophy and motives.

And Hajime...well, she's sort of like the show all encapsulated. Bright, manic, asks surprisingly hard questions, is too smart for its own good, and doesn't stop to explain everything, but if you see what it's trying to do, you ought to be impressed.
Your thoughts map mine when I was watching the show :)

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
Hey look, new thread! Figured we were just gonna slowly milk the old one till the mods got fed up ;)

So, just finished up another Crunchyroll series, Dragon Crisis! Fun little series. I like that despite it being kind of a harem show, it never really is one, since the Main character and the main female lead are into each other from the very beginning. Not a bad little show, all in all. Kind of gave me this vibe of Warehouse 13 mixed with Indiana Jones, with Dragons (that usually look just like humans, because dragons).

I'd actually like to see more, but I don't think we'll see a second season/series, as the Light Novels ended in 2011. There are 13 Light Novels, but they don't seem to have been translated (officially or fan-transed), so guess I'm outta luck :(

Icarium

Validated User
Yeah, there's a lot of good light novels that haven't been translated. I'd kill for full fan translations of Hataraku Maou-Sama! but ... no such luck. There's the first chapter blurb as a teaser, but no one ever picked it up. ;) Also Haiyore! Nyaruko-San.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I've was reading the light novels of Oda Nobuna no Yabou and Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou. Biblia is much more readable than Nobuna and I was wondering if it's a difference in translation quality or Nobuna is just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom