• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime Thread] Less Ricky Schroder, More Silver Spoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
With the shining star of Kill la Kill setting behind us, it's time to press on with a new thread about Japanese cartoons, comics, light novels and assorted folderol.

Get crackin.'

Here's something somebody brought up in a review of Beyond the Boundary - that in LNs, quote, "the main character will be male but the story will hinge to the behest of the female lead's actions, primarily using the male as a dull catalyst to the tirelessly more fleshed out female." While there's Log Horizon-esque exceptions, they might be onto something. (Hi, Touma!)

Last edited:

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
With the shining star of Kill la Kill setting behind us, it's time to press on with a new thread about Japanese cartoons, comics, light novels and assorted folderol.

Get crackin.'
You mean Log Horizon, right ;)

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
Kill la Kill will never die as long as it lives on in your heart :)

Last edited:

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Well, I'm considering watching it now, so it'll be current in a very localised sense.

Unless Inu to Neko is unexpectedly good, maybe?

Of course, the most pressing matter is to make puppy-dog eyes at Ikselam until he coughs up some RPGtan (do you have a buffer, Ikselam?)

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
One, along with Witch Craft Works, I am sad to see go. But neither of them had Gamagoori, so not as much.
shrug

I watched an episode of Kill la Kill, it seemed kind of generic, to be honest, but other people seemed to like it. Witchcraft Works was silly fun I'll miss.

But Log Horizon was the topic of conversation of all the interesting parts of the last two threads :p

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
One, along with Witch Craft Works, I am sad to see go. But neither of them had Gamagoori, so not as much.
I for one look forward to our new Spring 2014 Overlords. :)

I'm not certain what I'm going to watch exactly yet.

Date A Live 2 for sure.
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou could be fun, and looks up my alley.
No Game, No Life has potential, depending on its tone.
Mangaka-San to Assistant-san I'll check out, because so far I've liked everything along those lines I've seen.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of others I'll watch, though dunno how many I'll catch as they stream (And it depends on who has what available as well).

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The only one I'd say I'm really hoping to be good is Knights of Sidonia. Fortunately this worked out well with the series I wanted to be good last season. Everything else is either 'eh' or 'we'll see, considering.'

Icarium

Validated User
Personally, for Spring 2014, I'm going to look at the following series from the Crunchyroll page (Will definitely drop some fast):

• Black Bullet: Weird Scifi Mutant vibe. Could be fun.
  • Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou: Could be typical harem, but might be romantic. Will watch a few episodes and see.
  • Captain Earth: I like the premise, and it's by the same folks who did Star Driver according to another article I saw, so I'm in. It might have that same weird combination that's so fun.
  • Hitsugi no Chaika: Weird premise. Mostly curious about the coffin, so.
  • Isshuukan Friends: Cute premise with the becoming friends 'cause she forgets every week. Will watch unless it turns depressing, as I'm not into that right now. :)
  • Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R: I hear this was really good, and I like mysteries. :)
  • Mahouko Koukou no Rettousei: I hear this is very polarizing, you either like or hate it. I will try it and see. :) Sounds like a typical school fantasy series.
  • No Game, No Life: NEET siblings in another world using their gaming to save a world. Cute premise, anyway. See how it pans out.
  • Seikoku no Dragonar: Very typical premise. Guy's bonded dragon looks like a cute girl most of the time. But it could be funny, so will try it.
  • Sidonia no Kishi: World ship with mecha. Sounds like a fun scifi show.
  • Soredemo Sekai wa Utukshii: Sounds interesting as a premise. Could turn romantic, maybe.
  • Tenkai Knights: Kids dropped in a fantasy world, looks like.
Ones I'm actively looking forward to are Captain Earth and Knights of Sidonia. Others, well, we'll see.

Last edited:

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders oh so, SO watching this one. And for those who remember the days when a Bankai was a big deal in Bleach and meant having to think one's way around some crazy out of left field H@X power, oh this is the anime for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom