• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime Thread] Make a Contract With Me and Become a General Anime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User

Previously on General Anime Thread...
- Kill la Kill: Kiryuuin Ragyou Nominated for Prestigious "Parent of the Year" Award
- Log Horizon: Rudy Disappointed To Learn He Is Not a General Anime Thread
- Samurai Flamenco: Latest Episode Somehow Even Crazier
- Those Oda Nobunaga Shows: Is Anyone Still Watching Them?
- A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun: Waiter, There Appears To Be a Railgun in My Index MISAKA says, hoping this means she'll get it for free
- Light Novels: Literally Made of Spoiler Blocks
- Translation & Localization: "Shikata ga Nai" Means "Screw It, We're Retaining Honorifics"
- Recommendations: If You Liked Kimi ni Todoke, You'll Love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- And More!

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Not sure what to anime at the moment. It's almost a week until there's more Log Horizon! There must be something else for me to watch ...

thePill

Validated User
Gundam Build Fighters... Anyone have any guesses as to what the RG system is in-universe? Other than, super special power up mechanic?

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like you have to read RPG.net-tan's dialogue right to left, as every manga volume since, oh, the mid-2000's or so teaches. Otherwise your parents will be disappointed in you. Very disappointed indeed.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
[General Anime Thread] Make A Contract With Me And Become A General Anime Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: The old anime thread is dying. It is nearing the end of its life.

Rpg.net-tan: Oh no! What can I do?

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: Make a contract with me and become rpg.net's general anime thread.

(If you have anything to add, let me know and I will edit this post and add it forthwith.)

Edit: I swear that when I started to create this thread Ikselam's hasn't shown up yet. But then I got distracted.
Anyway, self-reported for deletion/merging.

Last edited:

CaButler

Validated User
I'm going to be starting Beyond the Boundary soon, and, without spoiling it too much, what should I be expecting here? Should I be expecting good things, bad things, or just run for the hills?

Icarium

Validated User
Beyond the Boundary has a lot of unrealized potential. In other words, it could have been good. Sadly, instead it's rather paint by the numbers and while you can see what they were doing here or there, it falls down a lot in execution.

If you watch it as a fun diversion and don't look for anything serious, it's okay though. Their idol humor episode is hilarious.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Re: [General Anime Thread] Make A Contract With Me And Become A General Anime Thread

Bull in the last thread said:
I've seen generally positive comments from a few folks and friends about several anime that I think take place in the same universe: Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotics;Notes? Has anyone seen them and can you give me an idea of what they're like? They're on FUnimation, so I've eyeballed them a couple times, but I can't seem to figure out what sort of shows they'll be.
All I really know about them is that S;G was super popular a couple years ago, R;N rather less so in the more recent past, and I have only ever heard negative things about C;H. Also they are based on a series of visual novels that are about mad-science conspiracy adventures or something like that.

Edit: I swear that when I started to create this thread there was Ikselam's hasn't shown up yet.
[video=youtube;OnNd5XVFKOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNd5XVFKOM[/video]

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Speaking of Log Horizon, why did the translator not translate haraguro megane (black-bellied glasses, black-belly meaning someone who's cruel/evil) into black-hearted glasses or black-hearted four-eyes? Villain With Glasses lacks the bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom