• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime Thread] Still Anime is General

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
New thread time, and since no one else started it today, I suppose I will.

I can't draw for crap, so I'll let Ikselam or someone else do another General Anime Tan (Or whatever he's called). :) In the meantime, have a Sniper Chaika:

Previously on General Anime: We talked about Anime!

This week on General Anime: We talk about Anime!

Bull

Validated User
If Her Flag breaks Episode 7

So the little cliffhanger from last week, with the mystery girl on the beach? There was an anticlimactic reveal.

Spoiler: Show
It's just Megumu wearing a dress. Apparently his sisters showed up, stole all his boy clothes, and left him only girls clothes so he's stuck wearing dresses.

From there we get more girls added to the harem and Quest Dorm, as the Student Council President, "Granny", the white-haired girl from last week Mei, and Kurumiko the little red-haired girl whose parents were crew on the ship that sank all move in. Plus we get some backstory on Mei and find out a touch more about what's going on with both the mystery Death flag on Souta's head and where she came from, plus some other stuff.

So there are alternate dimensions where different things happen, and Mei is part of a group of basically Marvel Comics style "Watchers" who watch over the dimensions. She can see flags, but it's limited and she can't really manipulate them, and Souta's ability to do so can apparently alter the very foundation of a world. We see several worlds where he doesn't save his friends, so we see the car accident from Episode one, which kills Nanami. We see Akane killed by faling through the steps at quest dorm. And we see Kurmiko drown in the cave when the tide comes in from last episode.

We also visit the shipwreck that Souta survived, and here he rescues someone that they imply is his alternate self, but turns out to be his Homeroom teacher as a young girl. And in this world, her grandfather disappeared under QUest Dorm around WWII, and his name is Souta Hatate. And she now becomes the "Main Character" for her alternate world now that Souta has saved her, as she gets a main character flag.

Souta starts spitting up blood after this and passes out. Mei grabs the death flag and I think realizes it's an accumulation of all the death and misery he's helped his friends avoid, that he's not stopping it so much as he's collecting it all towards himself. She manages to slow it's progress so it doesn't kill him, but then Sakura, the girl who gave Souta his powers shows up and says Mei knows too much, and erases all her memories of the Flags and alternate worlds and stuff from her.

So whew. Lot kinda happened, but we're still knee deep in mysteries, and just over halfway through the season.

Chaika's mind, blown up!
Heh, sorry Ikselam, didn't mean to step on your toes, since I think you usually kick off the new thread. But wanted to post about If Her Flag and No Game, No Life, and since we were at 1001 posts in the old thread... :)

Last edited:

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
Re: [General Precure Thread] Still Shoujo is Mahou

Happiness Charge Precure 16: Masuko Miyo might just be the most competent supporting character in the entire franchise. She has the incredible power of not being oblivious to blatantly obvious facts or incapable of making basic logical inferences!

I will be so angry if the series ends without her getting to be a Precure at least once.

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Heh, sorry Ikselam, didn't mean to step on your toes, since I think you usually kick off the new thread.
Dude I don't mind, I was about to post saying that if anyone was waiting for me to start a new thread, they should just go ahead and make it themselves, since I didn't have a picture ready anyway.

I'd meant to work something up over the weekend, but I was sick as a dog and spent much of the last few days bouncing between doctor's offices and pharmacies.

Last edited:

Bull

Validated User
Cool, and no biggie. Crap happens to the best of us.

No Game, No Life #7

After last week, this week was slower and a bit of a breather. No games this week, and while Steph does get abused a little, she also gets a bit of redemption as we find out that her Grandfather wasn't really the idiot that everyone thinks he is. Nice episode to give us a breather after the insanity of last week. :)

We also see the one girl who tried to cheat to become king with the help of the elves, and she's still convinced that Blank has a secret partner race backing them up. Now she thinks it's the beast-race (And I love the fact that Sora is convinced they're all Catgirls, Doggirls, etc. We never get a really good look at them in the flashbacks and such, but from what little we do see, i suspect they're not going to be as human nor as pretty as he's expecting :)).

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Ah My Goddess - The END - So its over. I find it still hard to believe that they actually ended it. 25 years old.

Last edited:

Shining Dragon

Tough Tiger Fist
Validated User
Ah My Goddess - The END - So its over. I find it still hard to believe that they actually ended it. 25 years old.
I was surprised it lasted this long - it being the first english manga comic I purchased way back in the 90's (when I bought comics).

13thapoc

Admiral FCS War Maiden
Validated User
With If Her Flag Breaks, I really think that Megumu is actually a girl. Who, for some reason earlier in life, was convinced that she is a boy. And it looks like we get to meet one more girl next week from the two we have left from the EC.

Top Bottom