• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

General Anime Thread: The CROWDS are Calling My Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Here please to enjoy general talk about Japanese cartoons, in whatever flavor you may like. Handy directions to RPG.net-tan's shoe box so you may place your love notes are also available.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Re: Attack on RPG.net General Anime Thread: The CROWDS are Calling My Name

A link to the previous thread would surely be helpful.

Anyway, in the previous thread I said:
The thing that has surpised me about Servant x Service is how heavy a swing it has taken into being a romance show. At this point it's not an office comedy with a romance subplot but more of a romantic comedy with an office subplot.
and Rainfall responded
Is that a good thing? I haven't tried that show yet.

Feel free to wait for the next tread to answer, IF you feel inclined to answer. :p
My answer is that it's not a bad romantic comedy, but it does mean the show is retreading ground that has been done in anime more often than office comedy.

Also because the characters are all adults who are capable of openly asking people out on dates, they are having to inflate one character's self-esteem issues to truly depressing levels in order to maintain romantic tension.

Rainfall

Validated User

So, Gatchaman Crowds 8... OK, that move was sooooo Hajime. :D

Spoiler: Show
It was a good move, it rebuilt the team's morale and gave them motivation to keep going. It also gives her a global media presence she can use to fight Berg-Katze's methods. It might fail, it might backfire, but that girl is determined to go down swinging.

Last edited:

the_redstar_swl

Banned

The thing that has surpised me about Servant x Service is how heavy a swing it has taken into being a romance show. At this point it's not an office comedy with a romance subplot but more of a romantic comedy with an office subplot.
Well, Working basically turned into the "Takanashi and Inami Show" about halfway through.

Shay Guy

Validated User

Also often Japanese comics and light novels.
Indeed. So since we don't have a manga thread, is anyone familiar with Iris Zero? It's been on hiatus for more than a year now, due to health issues on the illustrator's part, but I'm still hoping it'll resume someday.

The premise:

27 years ago, kids started being born with superpowers called "Irises," allowing them to see things nobody else could. At first, it was only a few kids, but the rate quickly rose -- nowadays, 99% of high-schoolers have them. For instance, one character sees a devil's tail on anyone telling a lie; another can see arrows over people's heads pointing to the object of their affection.

The main character, though, is an "Iris Zero," with no Iris at all, and as such has been the object of bullying since he was in elementary school. To maintain a low profile, however, he has had to become very, very good at figuring people out. Which makes him the most qualified person in his school to solve certain problems -- and wouldn't you know it, one girl happens to have an Iris that lets her identify who's qualified for a given task.

Interesting setting, clever variety of powers, good character development, and a protagonist with a bit more depth than average.

Kreuzritter

Validated User

i'd mentioned this in the AoT discussion thread, but the scanlation for the preview chapter of Before The Fall is out, and wow, just when yu think the human government can't get any stupider...

Dulahan

Validated User

Also often Japanese comics and light novels.
I've got to admit, I'd almost rather those have a different thread. As they typically come with spoilers galore for ongoing series that those of us who don't read them might not want to see, and make the thread blow up faster. So, just a thought.

IceShadow

Painting Fiend
Staff member
RPGnet Member

OK guys, I know I'm likely breaking some reference here, but I really can't have "Attack on RPG.net" showing up on my forum list every time this gets bumped to the top of the forum. It makes me kinda panic. So I'm going to abuse modly powers and break the joke. Sorry. :(

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I've got to admit, I'd almost rather those have a different thread. As they typically come with spoilers galore for ongoing series that those of us who don't read them might not want to see, and make the thread blow up faster. So, just a thought.
And here i was, ready to say we start taking about j-dramas here as well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom