• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[General Anime][Winter 2016]: General Anime Thread is not Available in Your Region

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Winter 2016 Anime Streaming Info!

Useful Related Links:

If you see something I've missed, or have a streaming service you'd like added, please let me know.

Crunchyroll Winter 2016 Lineup (new titles)

• Active Raid (worldwide except for Asia)
  • Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue (United States, Canada, Central and South America (including the Caribbean), South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands)
  • Durarara!! X2 The Third Arc (North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom and Ireland)
  • Erased (North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand)
  • Garakowa (worldwide except for Asia)
  • Gate Season 2 (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Europe (excluding French and French-speaking territories), the Middle East, and North Africa)
  • Lupin the Third Part Four (United States, Canada, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands)
  • Nurse Witch KOMUGI R (United States, Canada, Central and South America (including the Caribbean), Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa)
  • Ojisan and Marshmallow (worldwide except for Asia)
  • Please Tell Me! Galko-chan (worldwide except for Asia)
  • Sekko Boys (worldwide except for Asia)
  • Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (United States, Canada, Central and South America (including the Caribbean), United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia)
  • Tabi Machi Late Show (worldwide except Japan)
  • Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 3 (worldwide except for Asia)

Daisuki(new titles)

• Dagashi Kashi
  • Haruchika – Haruta & Chika
  • Luck & Logic
  • Prince of Stride: Alternative

Netflix (new titles)

• Ajin

Funimation Simulcasts (new titles)

• Assassination Classroom season 2 (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Dagashi Kashi (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Dimension W (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Divine Gate (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Durarara!! X2 The Third Arc (Simulcast)
  • Erased (Simulcast)
  • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Haruchika – Haruta & Chika (Simulcast)
  • Luck & Logic (Simulcast)
  • Pandora in the Crimson Shell Ghost Urn (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Prince of Stride: Alternative (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)
  • Rainbow Days (Simulcast)
  • Snow White with the Red Hair season 2 (Simulcast & Broadcast Dub)

Hulu Streaming (new titles)
  • Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle

Animelab (new titles)

• BBK/BRNK
  • Dagashi Kashi
  • Haruchika – Haruta & Chika
  • Konosuba
  • Pandora in the Crimson Shell
  • Prince of Stride: Alternative

Hanabee (new titles)

Animax(new titles)

Viewster(new titles)

No Streaming yet (With official or estimated start date, if known)

Last edited by a moderator:

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Garakowa looks like it could be interesting. I can watch the promos, so hopefully that means Crunchy have a UK license for it.

Thanks to Shay Guy for a list of links to prior threads:

1. 10-20-2012: General Anime thread (Quasar, 999 replies)
  2. 02-13-2013: It's not like I made this General Anime Thread for you, alright?.. Baka. (ru, 1,000 replies)
  3. 03-30-2013: My RPG.net Anime Thread Can't Be This General! (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  4. 05-14-2013: RPG.net's Bizarre Anime Thread: what a beautiful duwang (the_redstar_swl, 1,002 replies)
  5. 07-04-2013: RPGnet Masculine Beauty & General Anime Thread (Rand Brittain, 1,000 replies)
  6. 07-29-2013: RPG.net Swim Club and General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,001 replies)
  7. 08-30-2013: Attack on RPG.net General Anime Thread: The CROWDS are Calling My Name (Dawgstar, 1,003 replies)
  8. 10-03-2013: General Anime Thread La General Anime Thread (Dawgstar, 1,002 replies)
  9. 11-01-2013: General Anime Thread: General Anime Thread is... (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  10. 12-17-2013: Is General Anime Thread the Cake? (Ikselam, 998 replies)
  11. 01-24-2014: [General Anime Thread] Living in the Database Wow Wow (Ikselam, 995 replies)
  12. 02-17-2014: [General Anime Thread] Make a Contract With Me and Become a General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,006 replies)
  13. 03-11-2014: [General Anime Thread]-kun: Master of Wasting Time (Alice Sara, 999 replies)
  14. 03-30-2014: [General Anime Thread] Less Ricky Schroder, More Silver Spoon (Dawgstar, 992 replies)
  15. 04-20-2014: [General Anime] We've Entered an Endless Recursion of General Anime Thread (Ikselam, 1,001 replies)
  16. 05-21-2014: [General Anime Thread] Still Anime is General (Bull, 988 replies)
  17. 07-01-2014: [General Anime][2014 Summer] My RPG.net General Anime Thread SNAFU (Ikselam, 2,192 replies)
  18. 09-26-2014: [General Anime][Fall 2014]A Certain Literary General Anime Thread (Bull, 2,734 replies)
  19. 01-02-2015: [General Anime][Winter 2015] Elect General Anime for Student Council President! (Bull, 2,526 replies)
  20. 04-02-2015: [General Anime][Spring 2015] General Anime has been rejected by the author. "Funny Story..." (Bull, 2,264 replies)
  21. 07-02-2015: [General Anime][Summer 2015] General Anime's Muscle Appreciation Thread (Bull, 2,755 replies)
  22. 10-01-2015: [General Anime]: Thus, rpg.net fought there (Bull, 2,284 replies)
  23. 01-02-2016: [General Anime][Winter 2016]: General Anime Thread is not Available in Your Region (Quasar, ongoing)

Last edited:

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
I'm really looking forward to Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu I think. Well I am except that its a story about a Japanese comedy style I've never heard of and Japanese comedy can be more hit and miss than even comedy from the west. Of course its may be more about the comedy style than it is an actual comedy show.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
[*]Jhiday's New Anime, Winter 2016 thread, where he reviews the first episodes of almost all the new series. (placeholder)
It'll be coming soon, I just didn't find Gundam Thunderbolt particularly interesting to review. Other than that, there's just been Macross Delta (which won't be coming out until Spring anyway), and some random short thing I probably won't bother with. New Year has been quiet, and I've mostly been catching up on random leftovers (the Tokyo Ghoul side-stories OVAs may well be better than the actual series).

This season may well be the one that breaks me ; 20ish new shows (without counting sequels) premiering in barely 6 days, with 5 shows a day most of the time... Ouch.

Wait, what ? Ah, it's a one-hour movie that got released a couple months ago in Japan ; no wonder I've never heard of it.

I'm really looking forward to Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu I think. Well I am except that its a story about a Japanese comedy style I've never heard of and Japanese comedy can be more hit and miss than even comedy from the west. Of course its may be more about the comedy style than it is an actual comedy show.
My first exposure to it was Joshiraku (by the author of Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, and mostly focusing on backstage chit-chat). It's not entirely dissimilar to stand-up comedy, except sitting down.

Looking forward to this too ; I'm always a sucker for work-coms featuring adult characters.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Its an old article, but Oh Japan.

Kind of sad though, that there's no Sekko Girls so I can get a bust of Aphrodite or Athena.

Bafflement

Ruthless Sillographer
Validated User
Well, we did have Hestia a couple of seasons back, but they didn't really opt for a classical design...

Top Bottom