• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Generic Slightly-Anime Fantasy Craft

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Wiki
OOC




We join our heroes already en-route through the Elfmist Forest, the efliest forest in the lowlands of the Mist Coast. Sent by their Boss Adventurer from their cushy home at the Adventurer's Society lodge in the large and bustling city of Buckburgh they have traveled north for a week. They are in the Elfmist to investigate reports that various passers-through have been accosted by everything from demonic apes to ghouls to cultists of the Lords of Chains. Knowing your luck it's all three.

Corva, Snowbelle, Ygrak, and Wentras are all riding. These are all local rentals, so you don't expect them to react well if trouble jumps out at you. Zelda, as usual, the locals aren't prepared for someone of your size and have nothing for you to ride, forcing you to walk. You're just fortunate the road splits the trees apart enough that you're not having to constantly crash through branches.

Eventually up ahead you start making out the sounds of a struggle and someone yelling in a familiar yet incomprehensible language. Corva you recognize it as Elvish, with is mostly being shouts of "Get out of our forest!" along with several words you don't understand but which do not sound nice by the way they are being said. Then a different voice cries and it sounds like someone being beaten, but they can't get out more than a "Please stop!" before the sounds of beating intensify.

What do you do?

You're heroes: you rush in! Spurring your horses to a gallop you round a bend at a fork in the road and nearly run over what looks like a pack of forest elves, eight of them, with clubs, standing over a beaten yellow orc!
______________________________________________

OOC: Initiative:
Snowbelle: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
Ygrak: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
Corva: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13; 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
8 Elves (standards): 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Zelda: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8

Ygrak you recognize that the orc is a female, and by her yellow skin you know she's an ethnic mix between rusty Western orcs and green Northern orcs.

Corva, Snowbelle the elves seem "off" to you somehow. You're not exactly sure why.
 
Last edited:

Sam I Am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Validated User
Ygrak

Having ridden in, almost among the elves who are beating the orc, Ygrak reins her steed in and, without dismounting takes the elves to task.

"What barbarity is this?" she shouts at them, to get their attention, "Halt now or prepare to die under the steel of my companions!"


____________________________________

Coerce, vs. the group (use their lowest resolve) - idea is to get them to stop beating the orc up. Intimidate +18. Coerce roll (vs. group of elves): 1d20+18 23
 
Last edited:

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Snowbelle
AD: 4d6; Conditions/Stances:

Snowbelle takes a moment to call up one of the spells she's learned in her studies. It's not much, but it can make the difference sometimes in a fight. Magical light sparkles over her clothing, strengthening it.
"What she said. If you don't want the lady in your lands, let her pass by, don't beat her up."
 

jameswllorimer

Registered User
Validated User
Corva and Wentras

Both the Lady and White Wolf ride hard to within several feet of the Elves, and with a nod from Corva, slip from their saddles. Whilst Wentras gathers the loose reins, Corva steps forward, draws her elven-wrought blade and with the tip pointed towards the nearest assailant speaks {Elvish} "Why not pick on someone who CAN fight, long-ears!"
Spoiler: Show

Corva will Taunt: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28 the nearest elf. Also she'll make a Knowledge check to see if she can figure out what feels wrong with these Elves, result is11
Wentras will gather, and secure the horses for this and the following round
 

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
The elves all take a step back when Ygrak rides up, her bone-strewn armor and bloody flag fixating them with fear. They hurriedly whisper amongst themselves.

"This doesn't concern you, outsider!" One finally yells. "Don't trespass on our lands and we have no quarrel with you!"

They all look like they're about to run, when Corva delivers her insult. The elf is visible shaking when he shouts "S-shut up, woman!" He practically leaps at Corva, trying to brain her with his club, but overestimates his reach and falls short.

The rest do not join him......yet.
_________________________________________

OOC: @Ygrak: The elves all fail their Resolve vs you. They stop paying attention to the beaten orc.

@Corva: Nearest elf fails vs Taunt. Elf attacks you. Misses. As for what's "off" you're not sure, but you know the elves of this forest are okay with orcs: they let some Western orc mercenaries hired for a war some time back stay in the forest.
 

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
Zelda
Action: 4d6, Status: Shifting Footwork

Zelda hustles along behind the others, giving the horses a wide berth. They didn't generally panic in her presence, but they did seem a little more on edge with something so large moving so fast beside them. Stopping to look at the elves in the middle of the road is a little strange. Tilting her head a bit she is about to say something when the one elf rushes Corva with a club raised, she doesn't hesitate, moving forward to intercept him with a grapple, "Hold on there, I'm not from around here, but you shouldn't try to brain someone for some harsh words."
 

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Zelda scoops up the elf in one hand, though he nearly ducks under her grasp.

"Put me down you oversized b!+c#!"

________________________________

OOC: Zelda Grapple: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
Elf fails, so he is held.

NOTE: I don't expect you to censor profanity like that. I just like doing it because I feel it "pops" more.
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Snowbelle pulls her chakram off her belt and starts spinning it on her finger, looking at the other Elves.
"Beat feet instead of orc. It's safer. Trust me." She gives them a big grin.

Spoiler: Show
Delaying her action. If any of the elves decide to fight besides the one already fighting, she'll hurl it at them.
 

Sam I Am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Validated User
...while Ygrak dismounts, not even looking at the elves and then, suddenly, lunges at one of them with her staff. Her staff is as grim as her armour, all carvings and notches and embedded shark teeth, but her lunge is false, designed only to give one of the elves a good look at one of the razor-sharp teeth, now held perilously close to the poor creature's soft skin.

"I'll rip your face open if you don't skedaddle," she informs the elf through clenched teeth.

Spoiler: Show
Threaten one of the elves. Threaten an elf plus 1d10 stress dmg: 1d20+18 32 1d10 stress dmg: 1d10 3
 
Top Bottom