• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Generic Slightly-Anime Fantasy Craft

Sam I Am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Validated User
Re: Generic Slight-Anime Fantasy Craft

Woot!

How do you want to do this then...? We give statements according to initiative order (in an us v. them sense - so all of us apart from Zelda go first) - something like that?

I think what I want to do is to Coerce this bunch to leave the orc alone. Should I write that IC?

Also, for me to use Flare, we'd need to have some sort of agreement among us good guys, right? So that we all close our eyes at the right time. I guess at the moment it wouldn't be clever as it might scare our crappy mounts, but worth discussing.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User

How do you want to do this then...? We give statements according to initiative order (in an us v. them sense - so all of us apart from Zelda go first) - something like that?
Even if we're not trying to make a fast-paced game I think it's better if you all just go when you can get a chance, and then I perform the enemies' actions and resolve everything. I realize people prefer to wait and react to things that are going to happen before their character, but I don't know if everyone's schedules makes that work well.
I think what I want to do is to Coerce this bunch to leave the orc alone. Should I write that IC?
Please write all game actions on the IC thread, but use either a long line or a spoiler block to clearly show separation.

this.

Spoiler: Show
Or this.

Sam I Am

Validated User

Thanks for all that.

A separate suggestion: in many games here on rpg.net, character names are used in bold, to help (visually as much as anything). I will use this and suggest that others do, unless anyone has an objection? And on a similar line, always use the character name in an IC post.

Last edited:

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User

I recommend that, too. It's especially useful if you give your IC posts some kind of header complete with name, remaining AD, and any conditions/stances currently affecting your character.

Kind of like this:

Charname
AD: XdY; Conditions/Stances: Blah, MoreBlah

Last edited:

Sam I Am

Validated User
Also, if we are a company of sorts, we should have a name, perhaps...? Any suggestions?

Sam I Am

Validated User
@Silvercat - "You're heroes: you rush in! Spurring your horses to a gallop you..." - I like the cut of your jib! Excellent start, thanks!

I posted IC. I couldn't quite get the sblock right (even though I have used it lots before and ought ot know by now) so I used the line.

I used some formatting but I think that posting or reposting Ad and Conditions/stances every time might just be a bit impractical, at least for me. Would a page with the combat situation work for you as a GM? Here is an example from another game I am in. https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/The_Prax_Adventure_Combat_Tracker

Also, I used a dice roller this time, but I expect that I often won't be able to...I may often have to post from my mobile or similar...

Last edited:

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
I used some formatting but I think that posting or reposting Ad and Conditions/stances every time might just be a bit impractical, at least for me. Would a page with the combat situation work for you as a GM? Here is an example from another game I am in. https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/The_Prax_Adventure_Combat_Tracker
That might work. The key is that I've been in games where people lose track of things like that and want to avoid having it happen in this one.

Last edited:

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
@Silvercat - "You're heroes: you rush in! Spurring your horses to a gallop you..." - I like the cut of your jib! Excellent start, thanks!
I should mention that I posted this as I kind of expected this might happen anyway. If anyone ever thinks I've made your character do something you don't want them to do just tell me and you can retcon it.

jameswllorimer

Validated User
Its probably best to post as we can as I think I'm about roughly about 9-12 hours time difference to most, so to keep momentum I reckon that's the way we go. I'd also prefer the combat tracker stored on something like the wiki.

@Silvercat - was the intent not to track Wentras initiative? I'm happy to run both PC and NPC under the same result if that keeps things simple, but to me it takes away from Corva being swift and quick to react.

Top Bottom