• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Generic Slightly-Anime Fantasy Craft

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Huh? where did the minus 10 come from? I must have totally misread the intimidation rolls. I didn't know bribery was mandatory for intimidate.
p 75, Table 2.12

It's not bribery necessarily it's about offering them an "out" for their behavior, even if that "out" is only "I'll live". The None/-10 level is probably harsh on my part: you're threatening her with bodily harm, which more likely puts it at Moderate/+0. You notice she'll still beat you.

The point of Intimidate isn't that it's better than Impress. It's that it's faster: only 1 full round to pull off, vs 1 minute. Fantasy Craft evidently decided "Intimidate" shouldn't mean "exactly like Persuasion, but for mean people".

I'll tell you what: you have One-Eye humble herself a little and I'll ignore the Disposition downgrade, or you can take an extra Action Die for pulling off an in-character move despite it being mechanically non-optimal.

Goblintoof

Eats your chickens
Validated User
p 75, Table 2.12

It's not bribery necessarily it's about offering them an "out" for their behavior, even if that "out" is only "I'll live". The None/-10 level is probably harsh on my part: you're threatening her with bodily harm, which more likely puts it at Moderate/+0. You notice she'll still beat you.

The point of Intimidate isn't that it's better than Impress. It's that it's faster: only 1 full round to pull off, vs 1 minute. Fantasy Craft evidently decided "Intimidate" shouldn't mean "exactly like Persuasion, but for mean people".

I'll tell you what: you have One-Eye humble herself a little and I'll ignore the Disposition downgrade, or you can take an extra Action Die for pulling off an in-character move despite it being mechanically non-optimal.
That's ok, I'll live with the consequences. Not trying to be a bully, or a weasel. I was just surprised at how the mechanics worked. Seems like in the future I'd be better off trying to use impress if I've got the time.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
That's ok, I'll live with the consequences. Not trying to be a bully, or a weasel. I was just surprised at how the mechanics worked. Seems like in the future I'd be better off trying to use impress if I've got the time.
Take the AD anyway: you'll need it.

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Sorry about that. I spaced on the fact that I'd need to roll to hit with a thrown weapon. Don't know why.

Thrown: 1d20+6! 18

Last edited:

Goblintoof

Eats your chickens
Validated User
It says what the Save DC and result are right in the post with the initiatives.
Sure, but sometimes even if you save there are other effects, I haven't memorized every single spell or ability in the game yet.

Honestly, I think that I'm not very well suited to this group. Both Stormraven and yourself have made very snarky and abrupt posts (not all directed my way, Sam got quite a few as well). I appreciate you letting me join, but I'm going to bow out. The pricklyness just isn't my thing. I'll take One-eye off of the wiki, do what you want with her in game.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Both Stormraven and yourself have made very snarky and abrupt posts (not all directed my way, Sam got quite a few as well). I appreciate you letting me join, but I'm going to bow out. The pricklyness just isn't my thing.
It's not your fault: I am prickly.

That is something that's worried me, and my feeling is that I'm just too controlling to be a GM: I want things to go a certain way at a definite schedule, and when they don't I get irritated. It's really just not possible for me to both be in control and be relaxed.

I've been hanging on to this game out of sense of social obligation, but the truth is I'm not having fun. And no gaming is better than bad gaming. So I'm going to end the game.

I'm sorry you guys had to be a learning experience. And I'm sorry to leave off in the middle of something.

Top Bottom