• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Getting virus warnings from Chrome

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
When I try to load the new page in one of the My Little Pony threads (specifically http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?603532-Semi-WiW-My-Little-Pony-FiM-The-Fun-has-been-Doubled!/page15) I get hit by a biiiig warning from Chrome saying:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
forum.rpg.net contains content from metostopholes.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified metostopholes.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on metostopholes.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

I seem to be able to browse through to TT safely though, so dunno if it's just that page, or a false positive.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
When I try to load the new page in one of the My Little Pony threads (specifically http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?603532-Semi-WiW-My-Little-Pony-FiM-The-Fun-has-been-Doubled!/page15) I get hit by a biiiig warning from Chrome saying:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
forum.rpg.net contains content from metostopholes.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified metostopholes.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on metostopholes.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

I seem to be able to browse through to TT safely though, so dunno if it's just that page, or a false positive.
It's almost certainly a hotlinked image. Assuming you're on the default posts/page, I may be able to find it.

Sandstar

Validated User
I just got a warning from Norton as I was trying to go to the DDos on wikileaks page. I didn't actually get to it, but here's what norton says:

It's from monitorcareprotect dot eu. Fake App Attack: Fake AV Redirect 29

I wasn't looking at the ad at the top of the page, nor did I get to the page I was trying to get to. I tried again right after, and was able to get in. I was in the list of threads, so no avatars.

Huh, it launched a new window. But all I was doing was clicking on the "new post" link. Weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom