💀 Necro Gold Box games, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Hack and other D&D games are now on GOG

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
But do they have Champions of Krynn?

Awesome Stuff anyways. So glad all these games have been recovered for play today.

Last edited:

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
Oh god thank you. I had been wanting the old Gold Box games again so hard! Holy shit. So happy. :D

Grantanz

Validated User
I'm sure I have the CDs of this collection ('Forgotten Realms Archives', or similar, explaining the lack of Krynn) sitting around somewhere. I wonder how much GOG has had to do to get them to run, and whether I should save my money and hunt the CDs out. :) Sadly the Gold Box games were only in VGA for the Savage Frontier games, Pools of Darkness and Dark Queen of Krynn. That made me jealous of my friend's Amiga 500!

(I did, some years back, buy another collection that was just the 9 gold box games - Pool of Radiance, Azure Bonds, Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, the three Krynn and two Savage Frontier games.)

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
I wonder how much GOG has had to do to get them to run, and whether I should save my money and hunt the CDs out. :)
I never actually played the gold box games, but IIRC they were DOS-era, and generally GOG distributes those with a pre-configured DOSBOX emulator set up with a shortcut that will boot DOSBOX and auto-execute the game.

Last edited:

AlphaWhelp

Shark Aficionado
Validated User
But do they have Champions of Krynn?

Awesome Stuff anyways. So glad all these games have been recovered for play today.
The dragonlance games aren't forgotten realms and wouldn't be in that collection even if they were up. Likewise, the buck Rogers games aren't there either. I have no doubt we'll get the krynn Trilogy at some point. Buck Rogers is a legal licensing nightmare but you never know.

Now that we have some SSI games up there, I'm also wondering about the possibility of Dark Legions.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
I never actually played the gold box games, but IIRC they were DOS-era, and generally GOG distributes those with a pre-configured DOSBOX emulator set up with a shortcut that will boot DOSBOX and auto-execute the game.
Most of the GOG game are easy to run with DOSBox if you had to configure them yourself, but some are a bitch to get running. Ages ago I tried to get Realms of the Haunting to run under XP and it was an hour-long pain. Many games from the Windows 3.1 ear were a mess even back then and I'm glad that they give me an .exe that solves all my problems when I double-click it.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
The dragonlance games aren't forgotten realms and wouldn't be in that collection even if they were up. Likewise, the buck Rogers games aren't there either. I have no doubt we'll get the krynn Trilogy at some point. Buck Rogers is a legal licensing nightmare but you never know.
Yeah. Just wondered. I thought maybe they already put up Dragonlance games. Maybe I'll finally get to play Fantasy Empires, the Mystara game.

Now that we have some SSI games up there, I'm also wondering about the possibility of Dark Legions.
I would like to see the SSI strategy collection appear. Like the Roadwar games, or maybe something like Sword of Aragon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom