• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

💀 Necro Gold Box games, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Hack and other D&D games are now on GOG

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
Except one with a color display - because early Macs were also monochrome displays (my grade school had a small handful of hacks in the computer lab).
Yeah, I’d guess a late 80’s gen Mac. (I had a IIe growing up & couldn’t play any of these games until we got a 386)

Bloodcat

Finally wised up.
It's a Mac IIsi. 20 mhz 68030 CPU upped with 64 megs of ram. Using a VGA dongle to output on my monitor as it came with a 10" black and white one.

Sirharrok

Validated User
Except one with a color display - because early Macs were also monochrome displays (my grade school had a small handful of Macs in the computer lab).

EDIT: corrected spelling - they were actual Macs, not Hack-in-toshes
Now I feel old :-(

I bought my first hard drive so I could play Pool of Radiance on my monochrome, 1MB Mac Plus.

KoboldLord

Validated User
In Curse of the Azure Bonds, those random encounters will reinforce the area boss if you don't kill them, so you do have to go out of your way to stomp around a bit and kill wanderers before you can close out an area. But unless you're doing a speedrun or something you really do want every shred of bonus you can get. I always maxed out my stats and didn't feel even the slightest bit guilty for doing so.

Bloodcat

Finally wised up.
Its even worse if you take parties through the game again. At least on the C64 Pool of Radiance the Graveyard becomes like Wight Central.

But a pro tip? Play each game on it's own so you can have max hp since most of them steal all your stuff anyhow. At least till you reach one that has name level and hp gets fixed. So uh Silver Blades and Pool of Darkness are about the only ones you can take your crew together. That or you reroll gained hp a bajillion times in the earlier ones.

But if for some reason anyone cares about my IIsi setup: [Retrocomputing: Why Bother?] Machalla IIsi: The Return of the Jederr... 68030

You probably shouldn't but there are wisdoms in my Machalla posts over the years.

Top Bottom