IC [Golden Sky Stories] Fuchsia Town

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
OOC thread.
Recruitment thread.

Summer

Every evening, a boy arrives by the lake side. The boy is maybe 8, maybe 11, maybe somewhere in between. Flowered lillies go about their business bobbing in the water and insects frolic and play along the lake's surface.

By that lake side is a swing set that he sits on. The other seat, or seats, are empty. And the boy, he has a rather sad expression on his face as he gazes into the rippling water, slowly swinging on a set made for more.

OOC: Do either of you frequent this spot? If you do, please let me know and you will have more information about this boy.
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: If the humans ever use this lake for festivals, then Purin visits often to see if the town is making any preparations.
Wonder - 4
Feelings - hm. 2, or more? Does the town have any connection with us?
E: Feelings - 4


Purin

The Prince of Darkness enters the scene, bounding on four legs, just hidden by tall grasses near the lake side as he runs on. When he sees the boy on the swings, though, ever the curious tanuki, the Prince comes to a stop to take stock of the situation. Standing on his hind legs, he can just poke his head over the brush to get a better view. He beckons for his friend Teru to come over and have a look, too.

"I think I've seen that boy before," says the Prince, ducking back under the grasses. "That's weird, though. There's usually another human boy with him, too. I've seen them go questing together." The Prince cocks his head to the side, frowning a bit. "That's no good, though...why is he without his boon companion? You think we should see what's wrong?"
 
Last edited:

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Sure, festivals happen by this lake and the river connects it. Does Purin or Teru lurk or attend those festivals close enough to see the people? They might have seen the boy during those.

I also reread the post. Then Purin would know more about the boy. He used to sit on the swing with another boy up till a few days ago.

I think Feeling would start at 4. 2 for the Town, 2 for the other henge.
 
Last edited:

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
"And what do you two think you're doing?"
The voice is soft, but still gruff, and comes seemingly out of nowhere. Then Shinji is there, next to Purin, low in the grass. The cat doesn't look at them, but at the boy. His tail lashes.

OOC: I think Shinji might have seen this boy while he was wandering around town, and decided to follow him. Does he know much about him?
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: When not alone, he is usually with his family who he walks around town and festivals with. His name is Akio Kitagawa and his mother and father help around Mistress Nodoka’s Diner. He also has a grandmother named Kana. Would anyone have a reason to know of Kana?
 

Getsuya

Registered User
Validated User
"And what do you two think you're doing?"
The voice is soft, but still gruff, and comes seemingly out of nowhere. Then Shinji is there, next to Purin, low in the grass. The cat doesn't look at them, but at the boy. His tail lashes.
"Making new friends," Teru whispered, waving an ear in greeting as Shinji arrived without taking her eyes off the boy. "Whatcha guys wanna do? It's too bright out for me to go human and they get all scared when animals talk to them so... uh... I'm just gonna go hop out there, yeah? Humans love bunnies. He'll just stroke my fluffy ears and feel all better." She gathered herself to hop out of the bushes and head toward the boy, barring any objections from her companions.
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
Dream to Purin for the bounding and poking head over the brush. I thought it was a cute image.

Dream to Teru for the cute ear wave.
 

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
OOC: Teru, isn't it nighttime?

Also re:Kana, I might have heard about her from gossip in my family?
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Nope, not nighttime yet. Evening, so there's still light out. There's a discount to transforming into a human, so she could transform into a human with the tail and just hide the tail in the brush. I could make an Animal check for him to see if he spots it so that there's a risk. But going in as a bunny works for me!

Shinji: Kana, Akio's grandmother, also has a penchant for sitting alone by herself. Every week she sits alone at the old abandoned train station. They say she waits there for her long lost love to return to her. But he never does.

A Alvyn does Satori have any objections, input, or ideas for Teru before she jumps out or may I proceed?

 

Alvyn

Registered User
Validated User
Satori had woken up just a little while ago, and was lazily considering whether to spend the time until nightfall looking for some food or just gazing out at the lake horizon, pondering the mysteries of twilight, when he caught sight of first Teru and Purin, and then Shinji out near the human place. With a push of his wings, he glided over to a tree just above them and peered down.

He was not sure why the group was so intent on bothering the human boy, but he knew Teru would be sad if he objected. Instead, he piped up suddenly, "I'll keep watch from here. That way I can help if you need it." He nodded down at Teru.

OOC: No objection from Satori.
 
Top Bottom