IC [Golden Sky Stories] Fuchsia Town

Hammel

Validated User
"An oracle?!" Akio looks absolutely impressed and his eyes go wide with enthusiasm. "Cool! My mom and I, we go to the temple sometimes to pull sticks but I've never talked to an actual oracle before!"

"Go ahead," Purin smiles impishly. "Ask him a question."

Cuddling with Teru the rabbit for a bit, Akio ponders a question. But that lasts only briefly, because it's only second or third in his mind. "Will my friend Ataru be back?"

OOC: For Satori in this situation, the skill check difficulty to divine is 5.

Last edited:

Hammel

Validated User
OOC: Satori, as discussed in the OOC thread you made your check. Would you like to respond to Akio as an owl henge?

Here's the divination reposted for everyone: The key to making this boy’s wish come true lies in this very town where the grass grows tall. Without the key, he might not see his friend again until he comes of age.

Last edited:

Alvyn

Validated User
OOC: I think I will go ahead and speak as an owl, which I expect will Surprise Akio?

Satori had not actually expected to be addressed by the human, and when the boy asked him a question, he stared for a moment, his large unblinking eyes meeting Akio's. Slowly, painfully slowly, he blinked, and decided to try and apply some of his vaunted wisdom to work. What would be the harm?

He closed his eyes, and the vision came to him. Opening his beak, he spoke in the human language, his lids opening a crack more with every word he spoke, "If you wish to find your friend before many years pass, you must undertake a quest. The key to finding your friend lies here, in this town, where the grass grows tall."

Hammel

Validated User
"Ack!" Akio jumps back into the swing seat, which swings back dramatically before settling into a back and forth routine. Instead of dropping Teru, Satori's action just causes his arms to reflexively hold on tighter to her. He looks up at Satori and Shinji. "I didn't know owls could talk!"

"Of course he can talk!" Purin twirls a finger in the air then points it back towards Akio. "Satori is a being of pure MAGIC and INFINITE WISDOM. If he says you must undergo this quest, then you must!"

Akio blinks a little bit and loosens his grip on Teru. "Oh, I guess that makes sense." Then, with renewed hope: "Do you know what that means? I get to see Ataru again! Because I will win the quest! We should go to my house to tell my parents the good news. I'll bring Teru, too, for good luck, you know?"

Last edited:

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
Trying to keep the panic out of his eyes once when Satori opened his beak in front of a human, and twice when Akio mentioned his parents, Shinji managed to speak before the boy could continue.
"You might want to do things in a different order, Akio. I know how much you're excited, but adults and magic don't mix very well. Let's face it, the only reason Satori spoke to you was because he knew you'd believe him. Might I suggest you undertake the quest first, with our help if you want it, and then let your parents know the whole story?"
OOC: Do I need an Adult check for this? I know there's no Masquerade or anything, but Shinji still doesn't like humans knowing too much about Henge... Although he IS trying to be nice about getting Akio to keep his mouth shut

Hammel

Validated User
"We shall help you with your quest!" Purin says. "I will be right with you in my headquarters." Purin begins pointing at Shinji, Satori, and Teru respectively. "While allowing my minions to assist you directly! Together, we will complete this quest and YOU," he points at Akio. "YOU, Akio, shall see your friend again!"

"Wow!" Akio shouts. "Well, ok. Where do we start? I really want to go in the tall grass like Satori said, but there's so much of it and I have to be home before dinner!"

OOC: Due to the state of the town and lack of resources to dedicate to it, there are a number of spots of tall grass. The townsfolk try, but they can only do so much and have focused on the core inner areas where there are people.

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
Shinji rolls his eyes, certain that 'going to headquarters' is code for 'going to have a nap', but he says nothing about this development.
"Well, Akio, let's make the most of our time. Where did your friend live? Maybe there's grass close by. That'd be a good area to search first."

Top Bottom