• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Gonzo Forgotten Realms Game - WWYD?

vitruvian

Validated User
You can also have an avatar of Cyric escape the Supreme Throne into the Astral Plane and recruit a Githyanki invasion force to invade Faerun. First stop: Waterdeep, so in order to bring their red dragon allies to bear, first task will be for Cyric to take down the dragonward and open the way for his army using a cubic gate. Vajra Safahr recruits the PCs as the new Force Grey to repel this invasion force.

EDIT: Let the Artificer Dwarf have developed some special armor and also bring in an NPC Battle Master with Shield Mastery and a unique Celestial sent by Tyr with all radiant powers reskinned to thunder and lightning damage to help counter Cyric personally, and it will become even more obvious, even before the old Force Grey archer gets charmed by Cyric.

Last edited:

Elfwine

Validated User
Is "Tweak Elminister's nose." objectionable? Beat him in a battle of wits, if you like that wording better.

Nothing violent. Even if you didn't say you were doing a hero, that's not necessarily gonzo.

But "have fun in a way that leaves one of the most powerful archmages in the setting fuming" could be neat, and the evil ones you want to get rid of, not one up in a practical joke contest or something funny but harmless.

candidgamera

Atomic Turtle
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can also have an avatar of Cyric escape the Supreme Throne into the Astral Plane and recruit a Githyanki invasion force to invade Faerun. First stop: Waterdeep, so in order to bring their red dragon allies to bear, first task will be for Cyric to take down the dragonward and open the way for his army using a cubic gate. Vajra Safahr recruits the PCs as the new Force Grey to repel this invasion force.

EDIT: Let the Artificer Dwarf have developed some special armor and also bring in an NPC Battle Master with Shield Mastery and a unique Celestial sent by Tyr with all radiant powers reskinned to thunder and lightning damage to help counter Cyric personally, and it will become even more obvious, even before the old Force Grey archer gets charmed by Cyric.
Cyric's not even a god yet in the campaign, we're in the Time of Troubles. :) Also, I'm a player, not the GM, so I have no influence over what Cyric does or does not do.

candidgamera

Atomic Turtle
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is "Tweak Elminister's nose." objectionable? Beat him in a battle of wits, if you like that wording better.

Nothing violent. Even if you didn't say you were doing a hero, that's not necessarily gonzo.

But "have fun in a way that leaves one of the most powerful archmages in the setting fuming" could be neat, and the evil ones you want to get rid of, not one up in a practical joke contest or something funny but harmless.
I mean, I could seduce the Simbul..

vitruvian

Validated User
Cyric's not even a god yet in the campaign, we're in the Time of Troubles. :) Also, I'm a player, not the GM, so I have no influence over what Cyric does or does not do.
Well, shoot, if you're in the Time of Troubles... I guess about the most gonzo thing you could do is try to be the crew of mortal adventurers that becomes the new gods of several portfolios, rather than just interact with them. What were your races/classes/archetypes again? Or if not gonzo, it would be the most ambitious thing, anyway.

Calypso

Bunny With a Glock
Validated User
Okay, so get a Spelljammer, use it to retrieve the stolen Tablets of Fate, but instead of giving them back to Ao like a chump, use them to bind Ao in human form and usurp his place as the cosmic overlord. Simple.

Marc17

Validated User
Firs tthought for me was also spelljammer, but screw the spacefaring. Spelljammer means a flying ship. Stick the world without other flying ships to be a big fish in a large pond. Of course, if one of the flying cities of the Netheril happened to reappear, and you found out that elves had hippogryph flying troops, the Thay had some dragons, and plenty of nobles had used those rules for capturing griffen eggs to raise their own mounts. Then you've got a different type of FR, but one where even at low levels, anybody that can play is part of an elite. Add in a necromantic army on the march, probably Thay again really. (It's even in the Thay book for 2E.) You're in the ToT so many of the the gods of Unther and the Old Kingdoms are literally the Egyptian pantheon to come into play and use. A strong Zhentil Keep that's it's tendrils everywhere and is not a laughing stock and actualy is a respectable enemy on the economic and intrigue levels to fear and defeat. Then maybe throw in some displaced NPCs, good, evil, and in between, from other times and worlds that have been sent here to act as pawns in some strange game of the gods.

Top Bottom