Goodman Games news from GaryCon: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Whizbang Dustyboots

Validated User
Apparently they announced the third Original Adventures Reloaded book, a new Appendix N license and some other stuff.

Anyone got the scoop?

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
I've been digging through Gary Con posts on Facebook to no avail. I could message one of the guys who works on it, but I don't want to bother him during the con.

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
It's Expedition to the Barrier Peaks!
(Tim Wadzinski just posted a picture of him and Michael Curtis holding the oversized novelty cover mock-up on my Gary Con Facebook post asking about it)

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Awesome! Can't wait to see what new aliens, gizmos, and robots they add.

tomas

Validated User
It's Expedition to the Barrier Peaks!
Huh. Now that is unexpected. I was hoping they would move away from the Basic ruleset, but never thought they'd go to the S-series. When is the expected release date?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Validated User
Oh, dang. That has a lot of potential. I did find it interesting that S3 wasn't in Yawning Portal, since it's a lot more iconic than Forge of Fury or Dead in Thay.

Now to find out what the next Appendix N license is. Is Conan still in RPG form somewhere? That'd be a natural for a DCC spin-off like Lankhmar.

KingJosh

Validated User
Oh, dang. That has a lot of potential. I did find it interesting that S3 wasn't in Yawning Portal, since it's a lot more iconic than Forge of Fury or Dead in Thay.

Now to find out what the next Appendix N license is. Is Conan still in RPG form somewhere? That'd be a natural for a DCC spin-off like Lankhmar.
I know Modiphius is still releasing supplements for their “2d20 Sytem” Conan RPG. I don’t know if it’s an *exclusive* license, though.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Validated User
What other Appendix N licenses would people care about? Lord of the Rings is obviously taken. I can't imagine that a Silver John license would do much more than the reissue of Shudder Mountains has (I Kickstarted it and am excited, but I don't know there's a huge audience for it). Maybe Red Sonja or another REH license separate from Conan?

EDIT: Maybe Elric? I haven't read the books, but that feels a lot more refined than the DCC core flavor.

EDIT 2: Hmm, maybe Edgar Rice Burroughs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom