• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Goodman Games news from GaryCon: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Machpants

ExF3Nav
Validated User
The OAR range are not just reprints, but reprints, history, and then mostly 5e conversions and extras. They are also black and white interiors, so no colour illustrations, sadly

Reverend Uncle Bastard

Loud Mouth Carny
Validated User
I'd love to see Ralph Bakshi's Wizards get the DCC treatment), although I should probably pick it up.
Oh my god YES!! I would love to see a Ralph Bakshi's Wizards book for DCC. It would be an absolutely perfect fit. I have the 90s Wizards RPG, which is a pretty clunky D20 inspired system, but the setting material in it is pretty fantastic. Coincidentally, I am currently running a short campaign in the Wizards setting using a stripped down Fate Core and the setting info from the Whit Publications RPG.

In fact, I think I am off to change my avatar to a Wizards one!

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
As a side note, I got an email today that the complete Jack Vance The Dying Earth omnibus (Tales of the Dying Earth) is on sale for 2.99 on the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Goodman games catalogs. A significant savings in both cost and weight, considering how large a volume it is.

Machpants

ExF3Nav
Validated User
Bizarrely I went to Amazon, it showed 2.99 when I searched it, then I I clicked on it and up it jumps to 17.99! I guess not for sale in NZ!

DavetheLost

Validated User
DCC Wizards would be a great fit. Dying Earth I am on the fence about, Cudgel the Clever, yes, Turjan, maybe, Rhialto the Marvelous, that's where gaming systems begin to have trouble.

I think Nehwon will be a good fit.

Empire of the East, maybe. I am backing the KS anyway because I love EotE.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Validated User
Well this is exciting news! I love the Dying Earth stories, so I'll be sure to check out a new DE role-playing game. I haven't been too impressed with DCCRPG based on what I've seen so far (which, I'll be quick to confess, isn't much), but if there is a DE variant perhaps I might be won over.
DCC is ruthlessly committed to its tone, so if the Dying Earth material follows the same route, you'll probably be happy.

Top Bottom