[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
It works out like that for me surprisingly often. To the point where I won't spark for a character unless I've got a solid fallback or two since by odds of pulling my target on pull 280 is near 100%. Still heavily discounted spark that got you both the power of Summer Grea and batman...er Sigfried, not too shabby.
Well, I didn't get the earth-element batman Siegfried. The summer version is more of a Bruce Wayne in dressing robe type. (And seems a bit redundant in my already strong wind party member collection.)

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Well, I didn't get the earth-element batman Siegfried. The summer version is more of a Bruce Wayne in dressing robe type. (And seems a bit redundant in my already strong wind party member collection.)
His nukes are pretty good, I use him in Arcarum against single mob Earth spawns.

Balac

Validated User
Redundancy should never keep you from getting the character you like. Does Sen bring enough power to take a spot on my wind team? Debatable. Am I pick ticketing her the first chance I get? Absolutely. Am I making a wind fist team with her, Monkey and Smug Dragon because adorable? Absolutely.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
His nukes are pretty good, I use him in Arcarum against single mob Earth spawns.
That could be good for a dedicated turn-zero kill team. For my collection, probably with Monika and Melissabelle (to be replaced by Metera once I get her leveled). And I'm not exactly sure what MC, but even if I have a less-than-optimal setup there it should be quite sufficient.
Redundancy should never keep you from getting the character you like. Does Sen bring enough power to take a spot on my wind team? Debatable. Am I pick ticketing her the first chance I get? Absolutely. Am I making a wind fist team with her, Monkey and Smug Dragon because adorable? Absolutely.
Agreed, but I didn't pick Wind Siegfried because I'm a fan of him either. I picked him because I was suddenly in a position where all I had to do to get him was spend 10 single draw tickets.

If I'd drawn Grea on ticket 1 rather than ticket 80, I'd probably have stopped there.

Terra_Oblivion

Validated User
My pulls have been weird this round of gacha roulette. Everything worthwhile I got was frontloaded. That said, I got Athena as well as light Mirin and wind Metera, as well as Vania who is less important, so I can't really complain.

Balac

Validated User
Well I'm certainly sparking this banner. Discounted sparks are always great but the rate up on Wind Yuel looks good enough I'll probably get her in the process. Obviously going to wait until the last day to maximize savings but seems like a no-brainer. Off to a decent start, got 30 pull that all turned out to be brown crystals of despair but one of them stealth-ed in a Lucifer summons so that's nice.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I'm planning to spark too, the only thing holding me off is a vague worry about a Primarch summon for Light coming down the track and wanting to have resources when it's on rate up.

There's also the wrinkle that this isn't a great banner for rolling grand weapons, the unusually high rate ups on featured characters mean you're more likely to get Yuel dupes (and Yuel, while good, looks hard to slot if you already have Wind's core characters).

Of course rate up is a lie so I shouldn't bother worrying about any of that :)

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User
50 rolls so far on this banner, and I've already gotten Summer Ilsa and Summer Yuel. Got Summer Danua a couple days ago too. I've been having good luck this anniversary! almost enough to make up for my awful luck over in BanG Dream JP

Probably gonna spark for Alexiel, since she's a character I like a lot and my earth lineup is still fairly weak.

Balac

Validated User
I get holding back for something (hopefully) coming, have a full spark put aside for just such a reason, but discount sparks don't come around that often. If you get enough free rolls it should be possible to spark without really digging into your reserves.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I got Summer Ilsa and Summer Yuel today off just 20 rolls (in the form of a double-frenzy, regrettably). And Varuna as a bonus. (Regrettably I don't even have one MLB Fimbul yet, nor Murgeleis, so that's not likely to see use soon. I do have a bunch of Meteora and Scarlet Vane in my crate, but...)

If I'm able to spark in this gala I would be sorely tempted to scoop up Lucifer, because I keep not having any of the big important summons and I'd like to change that. I probably won't be, though. I've only got around 170 draws banked.

Top Bottom