• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Summer characters are starting to come out! Is it worth spending one of my two sparks now, probably to get the zodiac for Light, or should I wait until more summer characters are out?

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Summer characters are starting to come out! Is it worth spending one of my two sparks now, probably to get the zodiac for Light, or should I wait until more summer characters are out?
This is a pretty good banner but not strictly optimal.

Sparking Kubira is a fantastic idea and you can do that now so it's a question of what you want to roll along the way. If Hal&Mal, Sandal or Pholia are attractive it's fine, but there are no other summer units in the gacha yet and you may want to wait until there are.

Note I sparked for H&M and got exactly zero rate up characters and only one random grand weapon dupe, so there's no guarantee optimising the banner will matter much 😅

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
I'm planning to wait, myself. Kumbhira is my primary target, and I'd like Hal&Mal too, but the rate up doesn't entice me as much as the chance to get more summer limiteds later on. There might even be some convenient free draws, too.

tbh I don't even have a plan for using Kumbhira, I just have a vague impression that she's powerful and I like her design. I should probably go sort through my characters and actually try planning some teams so I can figure out who'd be most useful, but, lazy. I have a deep enough pool for each element now that there's not an obvious weakness I want to shore up.

I haven't even leveled up all the characters from my anniversary spark yet...

Balac

Validated User
Personally I'm holding off to see who else comes out. Plus there is a decent chance of free rolls this summer that might help with the sparking.

Balac

Validated User
tbh I don't even have a plan for using Kumbhira, I just have a vague impression that she's powerful and I like her design. I should probably go sort through my characters and actually try planning some teams so I can figure out who'd be most useful, but, lazy. I have a deep enough pool for each element now that there's not an obvious weakness I want to shore up.
Getting Kumbhira is really more long term planning. Sheep and Monkey are both excellent, Dog is a very good dog and Chicken will probably join them in being great once she gets her 5*. Get her and level her now to be ready for when she gets a 5*.

Creticus

Validated User
I pretty much went all-in on pure impulse.

On the whole, the results were pretty great (unlike the last three times, ha ha) for 35ish rolls - a Summer Sandalphon and a Grand Rackham. Furthermore, I picked up a Porculius as well, though that isn't quite as useful because I already had one from going all-in during New Year's.

With that said, there's a non-zero chance that I'll be picking up a Sieroticket before the end of the summer, though that raises the question of how I'm going to spend it. I'm not particularly interested in the promotional characters - I don't see the point in getting either Medusa or Zoey when I already have their normal versions, while Charioce is a flat-out no who ruins Nina by proximity. Instead, the choices are pretty much either picking up Summer Zoey or waiting for more of the story characters to make it into the pool, which feels kind of wasteful.

At this rate, I think there's a non-zero chance that I'm just going to keep the Sieroticket for fearing of wasting it, which would admittedly, be very much in the tradition of item hoarding in JRPGs.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
You could always get seven and a half dama bars instead? Or a 100 moon weapon and two and a half of the three dama bars you'll need for it?

Creticus

Validated User
You could always get seven and a half dama bars instead? Or a 100 moon weapon and two and a half of the three dama bars you'll need for it?
I don't have a pressing need for that many Dama Bars, particularly since I still have a small stockpile of them on hand.

I've thought about getting an Ameno Habakiri, but I've never done so seriously because of decision paralysis over the element. In any case, I guess I'm not in a real rush to spend the Gold Moons at this point in time. Even if I get 150 Gold Moons before spending them for a Siero ticket before the end of the summer, I'm not going to spend it on a summer character when the anniversary ticket has been a thing for two years now.

Still, I'd like to ask you if you don't mind - if you were going to get a Superlative Weapon, which ones would you be interested in?

Top Bottom