• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Still, I'd like to ask you if you don't mind - if you were going to get a Superlative Weapon, which ones would you be interested in?
More a question for T Tenko who just picked up one of the guns.

I would always prioritise dama bars and go primal in more elements - hopefully I'll finally be able to go Hades soon. I guess I'd go Ameno in Light if I had 160 moons spare though?

Tenko

Bananas.
Validated User
If you're going to get a 100 Moon Weapon (aka, a Bad Decision weapon), there's a few that are particular outstanding.

The existence of The Glory now means that Excalibur is even better than it used to be, in both a defensive and offensive setup, in many colors.

Esser5 means that Freikugel is a staple of many top tier Evil Vyrn HL racing setups (but I got it mostly for the memes), since you can guarantee 3 turns of break every 6 turns, at minimum.

Habakiri is funny but is more memeful than actually useful, since Kengo setups these days tend to be burst setups (and thus you don't actually gain much chance to abuse the Habakiri's ability to its best effect, since it's much stronger in medium duration fights than short ones), but it is definitely powerful when applicable.

Gae Bulg is the classic pick because of the prevalence of Sparta/Sage in hard content, but with the way racing metas are now it's not the most popular anymore. It additionally is further devalued by the Excalibur/Glory combo since that gives you a lot of survivability without having to go Sparta. However, it's probably the easiest (along with Excalibur) to use in most random content, so if you want one that you can carry around everywhere, it's a good choice.

Caduceus is very popular in whale staff teams, and is definitely strong, but you need to go pretty all-in for it to be worth it. Nekomancer it up and smash faces.

The remainder basically are (currently) mostly relegated to meme setups, which can be funny, but 100 gold moons + 3 bars on top of it is a pretty steep price to pay just for the lulz.

I am personally of the opinion that if you're getting a ridiculously costed item, they're more fun than a Siero ticket anyways, since most of the *really* limited characters (Visa-chan, Linksmate Medusa, etc) are not really good and are unlikely to get used in serious teams anyhow.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
I may have already gotten all four and upgraded them. I'm not even sure if I can use them at all, but it never hurts to have options. (I know the water dagger is just a straight up replacement for the Levi daggers, in any case).

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I look at the new Omega weapons and only fire looks useful? The others have really low Attack or their skills don't seem to fit their element very well. Am I missing something?

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I look at the new Omega weapons and only fire looks useful? The others have really low Attack or their skills don't seem to fit their element very well. Am I missing something?
Double attack rate and critical hit rate go with any element, surely? And extra max HP is never bad. The water dagger bringing enmity does seem a less-than-ideal fit to water, but might make a good tradeoff if you've got a high omega attack modifier already.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Double attack rate and critical hit rate go with any element, surely? And extra max HP is never bad. The water dagger bringing enmity does seem a less-than-ideal fit to water, but might make a good tradeoff if you've got a high omega attack modifier already.
For wind and earth their skills look like nice fit, but the maximum attack of the weapons seems really low. Are they worth even with that? Water is low attack and enmity, which seems like a bad fit in general.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
For wind and earth their skills look like nice fit, but the maximum attack of the weapons seems really low. Are they worth even with that? Water is low attack and enmity, which seems like a bad fit in general.
Spears and harps don't have great attack as a rule, but given that it's only going to be one weapon and potentially used as a main-hand, that's probably a relatively low priority.

Only having medium attack skill means using them isn't a no-brainer, though.

Top Bottom