• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

thuryl

Validated User
Raw weapon stats are pretty much always less important than good skills. The wind weapon is going to be great for high-difficulty content where you need a lot of HP; wind's HP options are very limited, to the point where people would resort to putting a Tiamat axe or spear in their grid for UBHL or Luci Hard, even though those weapons don't have an attack up skill at all. Thanks to the harp, that shouldn't be necessary any more.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Water is low attack and enmity, which seems like a bad fit in general.
Mixed enmity/attack weapons like this dagger, Tiamat Gun and Celeste Claw have a hp threshold at which they will outcompete the equivalent pure attack weapon. It's usually high enough (ie still above 80-90%) that they're worthwhile in anything but pure one turn setups where you expect to take no damage at all.

(it's worth remembering that Stamina usually requires a fair chunk of mitigation or healing to maintain; if you're not doing either of those things you can naturally expect to benefit from enmity)

All the weapons should be really good for pre HL players given they can be FLB'd with a seal as the only significant material.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
Water Dagger: Remember thats its medium up to both Atk and Crit. Its an Ancient Ecke Sachs in water form, and unlike the AES, the Frostnettle isnt capped at SL10 to boot. So long as you arent going off element, that's better then the Levi dagger's Large Atk up on avg. The extra Emnity is just gravy.

If you're going in for a pure burst OTK Kengo build, you might not want to slot out a Tyros Zither for it, but its an easy replacement for any Leviathan daggers you're still using.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I like having Beasts back quickly enough that I remember Proud/Proud+'s shenanigans and take the right teams. Not difficult this time around, just takes a bit longer for Sage/Aru/Cag to grind away at the turtle in safety with my old M1 grid.

I finally remembered Huanglong's 25% trigger and had Funf's 4 down before it. Kubira did manage to die beforehand, but all that earned the boss was Geisenborger so...

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I can't do any Proud yet, I have unlocked them but I get utterly destroyed :( The honors and seal would be so useful though...

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
What kind of grids do you two have? What characters are you using? Is there any particular element of the fights that's wrecking you?

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I've basically got M1 Omega grids, mostly 100/10 with a little ~150/15 with full Xeno weapons and level 100 Seraphic weapons. IIRC I never was able to deal with Proud Zhuque, and almost couldn't deal with Qinglong. I don't expect that to have changed. The problem with both is too much damage too fast overwhelming my quite limited ability to prevent it.

The other two I have no problem stomping.

(Possibly the problem is that I can't come up with any real defenses against all-target attacks too frequent to Phalanx.)

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm having trouble with Maniac, but I'm not surprised. I'm only about rank 75 and still need to do a lot more farming to put together my initial grids. (I'm just finding constantly running the omega raids to be kind of boring.)

On the bright side, my teams are good enough to get through Extreme raids by myself pretty easily, so I'm getting gold nuggets that way. Can't clear an Extreme+ by myself, but I can at least get 200-300k honors before I have to call in people, so I'm getting four symbols pendants that way. Right now I've gotten the new water weapon and am trying to get the other three.

Top Bottom