• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

thuryl

Validated User
Needing multi-attack doesn't necessarily mean needing grid multi-attack. It's not hard to build parties with high multi-attack buff uptime. Just having MC with Double Trouble III is 3/5 uptime already.
It's true that it doesn't always have to be your grid, but non-grid options have their own problems. DT3 is a pretty weak multiattack buff when we're talking about characters who really want over a 50% triple attack rate to be usable, and that's locking you into playing a spear class and mainhanding a spear, which you won't always want to do. (Likewise Elysian's Call of the Abyss, which is a much stronger buff but with significant drawbacks and limitations.) Other characters also have party multiattack buffs, but that requires you to have them and bring them.

The point, going back to the original topic of discussion, is that there are highly regarded characters who aren't just "slot them in and they'll be good", but who depend heavily on your grid and/or party composition, and that's something for players to keep in mind when deciding who to ticket or spark. So if someone's planning on sparking a character for esports purposes rather than for love of the character, I'd encourage them to do research on the conditions under which they're fully effective, because the game is moving more and more toward requiring customized teams for specific fights rather than using a single team for everything.

Last edited:

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
The one time I think is really 100% always worth sparking is the new year's draw for the combo of roulette + Zodiac. CyGames seems committed to keeping the Zodiacs' power level up there, the only current exception being Mahira, but she is due a thoroughly busted FLB in ~4 months.

Otherwise anniversary roulette is a cheap spark.

Rate ups should be optimised but not depended upon. That means both making sure stuff you want is on rate up and avoid banners where something you don't want is on a high rate up. But in multiple sparks you will definitely get screwed on some of them, rng is rng. All you can trust is the pick at 300.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd say Andira and Anila are both great due to buffs they provide (and Adrira's debuffs) not being dependent on your attack power. Both need to be 5* for full effectiveness though. Alexiel likewise provides excellent defensive abilities with minimal investment. Shiva is a fantastic character (sparked for him and do not regret at all) but since he's attack focused you need a somewhat developed fire grid to get real use out of him. Grimmir falls somewhat in between, his shield + veil is great plus having a delay that works on foes normally immune to that is well worth having but his nuke and self buff will be far better in a solid wind grid.
Getting chars to 5* shouldn't be a big problem (I have Disparia so I can slim pretty fast if needed, plus all the books we got from the event). My fire grid is pretty decent so I think I'm good there: I already have two AES on the grid, my main problem is I'm missing at least 1 fire Xeno Weapon (so I'm using story weapons for EX, which are not very good). Xeno weapons are a problem, as a lot of guides say they are very good for finished M1 grids, but there's no way for me to get them but to wait for the events to happen :(

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks everyone! Is there any good guides for team building? Because in general it's easy to find guides for grids, but not so much for discussion on team compositions (at least in English, if there are resources in Japanese then no luck for me). That's why I use the ratings on the wiki to guide me, that's the best resource I know (apart from asking).

Fae

sing of hope to the new dawn
Validated User
my main problem is I'm missing at least 1 fire Xeno Weapon (so I'm using story weapons for EX, which are not very good). Xeno weapons are a problem, as a lot of guides say they are very good for finished M1 grids, but there's no way for me to get them but to wait for the events to happen :(
The Love Live Sunshine sidestory has a 4* fire EX weapon - yeah it's only big atk up instead of massive (18% vs 23%) but it'll hold you over. And Xenos are coming pretty fast these days now that they've started doubling up on them.

thuryl

Validated User
Thanks everyone! Is there any good guides for team building? Because in general it's easy to find guides for grids, but not so much for discussion on team compositions (at least in English, if there are resources in Japanese then no luck for me). That's why I use the ratings on the wiki to guide me, that's the best resource I know (apart from asking).
It depends on what stage of the game you're at. A lot of high-end team compositions are built around compatibility with Ultima or Hollowsky weapons, which require characters to have affinity for specific weapon types, but if you're not yet at the point where you've made any of those weapons then those teams aren't going to be as relevant to you for now.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
It depends on what stage of the game you're at. A lot of high-end team compositions are built around compatibility with Ultima or Hollowsky weapons, which require characters to have affinity for specific weapon types, but if you're not yet at the point where you've made any of those weapons then those teams aren't going to be as relevant to you for now.
I'm not there yet :( I'm at rank 123, so I think I could start working on an Ultima weapon, but honestly, doing the daily stuff (M1/M2 raids, Arcarum and some Coop) plus farming for Tien 5* plus whatever event is running takes all my free time :(

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Love Live Sunshine sidestory has a 4* fire EX weapon - yeah it's only big atk up instead of massive (18% vs 23%) but it'll hold you over. And Xenos are coming pretty fast these days now that they've started doubling up on them.
Yep, that's one of the two EX I'm using. I got whatever the wiki basic grids recommended, and then I was able to replace some with the Water/Earth Xenos from a few months ago and one Light/Dark with the RtoB Gaunlet/Sword.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Congrats! I hope you're enjoying the power on 10+ turn fights :)

Top Bottom