• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

Balac

Validated User
If you need a strong wind attacker and don't mind dropping some cash the pick ticket is still live. There are some very good wind characters in the standard pool you could grab, Heles for one.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Consider Kubira (Kumbhira?), since you won't be able to get her next year. She's extremely strong, though not as crazy as Sheep or Monkey due to their FLBs.

For my part I'm at 250 rolls but considering waiting to double spark either side of New Year's for Rat and whatever insanely broken thing they introduce to bait rolls before Rat 😅

Balac

Validated User
Kumbhira is nice, will be sparking for her before the year ends, but if your still building teams I'd get the other Zodiac characters first. I'm going after her because I have the other four and want the set more than any logical reasons.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you need a strong wind attacker and don't mind dropping some cash the pick ticket is still live. There are some very good wind characters in the standard pool you could grab, Heles for one.
I'm happy to drop cash for tickets, but I used this one for Lily as my water team was really sad. I used the previous one for Yurius for the same reasons for my wind team (and I didn't have Monika from Arcarum at that time). I'll keep Heles in mind for next ticket, thanks a lot for the suggestion :)

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Consider Kubira (Kumbhira?), since you won't be able to get her next year. She's extremely strong, though not as crazy as Sheep or Monkey due to their FLBs.

For my part I'm at 250 rolls but considering waiting to double spark either side of New Year's for Rat and whatever insanely broken thing they introduce to bait rolls before Rat 😅
I was thinking about Khumbhira, but I preferred staring with Andira as she seemed stronger. My idea was that whenever I could spark again for a Zodiac, which will be probably next year, I would aim for Varja, as my understanding is that Analaan (Sun Evoker) pretty much replaces Anila.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
She is an absolute beast but needs a decent grid to work with, it's true

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm also considering doing my first spark ever during Legfest or the flash gala, but I'm not sure who to go for. Starting during the anniversary gave me a lot of characters and I've been lucky with free rolls since then.

Current teams:
Wind: 5* Metera, Summer Yuel (I like the 1 million plain damage), Selfira. Other SSR options: Petra, 5* Gawain, Nezahualpilli, Korwa.
Earth: Medusa, 5* Arulumaya, 5* Ayer. Other options: Melleau.
Water: 5* Summer Silva, Europa, Macula Marius. Other options: Romeo, Yngwie, Lilele, Anne.
Fire: Therese, Summer Ilsa (1 million plain damage again), Summer Io (immediately switched costumes to regular). Alternates: Clarisse, Anthruia, Aoidos.
Light: Gun Zooey, SR Jeanne (mostly for her pajama costume), 5* Sandalphon. Alternates: Amira (not yet 5* but has the ability), Rosamia.
Dark: Veight, 5* Vania, Dark Jeanne. Other options: Summer Anthuria.

Any opinions on what characters I should be using? Any obvious holes I should try to fill with a spark?

Now that I'm starting to 5* characters I'm realizing how much more powerful that makes them. I haven't gotten any of them to level 100 yet, but the unlocks at 90 (most of them) and 95 (Ayer) are an impressive improvement. Is the goal usually to have your teams be made entirely of 5* characters?

The other thing I really need to be doing is farming omega summons and weapons to get my omega grids up and running. I just find running them too much to be boring. :(

Balac

Validated User
5* is nice but there are a lot (most really) of great characters without one.

As for Omega farming take it at your own pace, really despite what some of the more 'hardcore' types may tell you there is no real rush or pressure to have all the best grids. Pick one you like and work on that grabbing things like Xeno weapons to buff your girds when the chance arises.

For sparking there are a lot of ways you can go, is there any particular limited character who really grabbed your eye? There are a lot of legit options and there is nothing wrong with just going with who you find cool. My own first spark was Summer Zooey since I'm a total mark for her voice actress and dark was my best grid at the time.

thuryl

Validated User
Yeah, it's not an absolute rule, but 5* upgrades tend to go to older characters who need the power boost to stay competitive. Newer characters, or ones who were above the normal power curve when they were released, often do just fine without one.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
We know they're going to start 5* Grand characters too, if you want to take a gamble. Murgleis is no longer the hotness in water but it's still pretty good, and if 5* Kat gets a significant upgrade, more the better.

Top Bottom